Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 02-25-2011, 05:08 PM

Default so can I put PTHD9 on my macbook and dongle and it works via coreaudo?

Maybe I'm just missing the obvious post by someone, but it's not real clear to me how the PTHD9 works on a Macbook. Do I only get to load the session without the TDM and monitor via coreaudio? Do I have to have my HD dongle plugged in? Can I use an mbox connected to track or monitor that session on the road and come home and import to my HD rig?
Old 02-25-2011, 06:13 PM

Default Re: so can I put PTHD9 on my macbook and dongle and it works via coreaudo?

I'm playing HD sessions on my MBPro with the TDM plug-ins opening as RTAS. All audio, of course, is on an external drive and PT will 'beep' at you saying your interface has changed... but it works.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:42 PM

Default Re: so can I put PTHD9 on my macbook and dongle and it works via coreaudo?

It looks like sessions won't work at 88.2K without external audio interfaces on certain older Intel Mac models (more than a couple years old). 44.1, 48, and 96K sample rates should work though.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:39 PM

right, had a nightmare. i had 3 tracks consolidated separately in the session, but forgot to consolidate as a whole file. Sorted unused in regions but didnt totally remove from disk. Then I Accidently deleted the wrong audio files from the audio folder in a protools session. have shut down in the studio and only realised now what ive done. Will they be in the recycle bin? or how do i retrieve? please someone help!!!!