Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2003, 02:26 AM

Default 4 mix cards \"Digi hardware not found\" in os X!!

hey,

having trouble with the standalone coreaudio driver 6.1.1. Digi provided on this website. Looks like the software can't see my cards or my interface ( a 882/20). When I launch the coreaudio setup program provided with the driver, though, it shows a list with tdm compatible interfaces!! After I select my 882/20 in the list, the program closes right after the message "no digidesign hardware could be found". No other program is running. So I get no sound.

The cable connecting my interface is attached on the upper mix core. It seems that the problem comes from the fact I have TWO mix cores and TWO mix farms in my computer, so the software is "conflicting". My cards work properly in mac OS 9.2.2 with DAE5.1.1 and logic or protools, anyways.

Here's my setup:

G4 QS 2X1Ghz with Superdrive
1gb of Ram
mac os 10.2.6 (on a separate hd)
4 mix cards
(order from top to bottom mix core-mix core-mix farm-mix farm)
882/20 interface

Please Digi, can you help me? I wish I could work in mac os X just for the AU compatibility in logic, until I get my protools 6 upgrade I ordered last month.
Or anyone, any help is welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Laurent

Old 09-29-2003, 09:17 PM

Default Re: 4 mix cards \"Digi hardware not found\" in os X!!

and thanks for everyone at Digi for not responding... the problem still occurs, and my cards work just great in OS9, I just want my interface to work in OS X, so pleaaaaase respond.

Thanks in advance
Old 10-01-2003, 04:04 AM

wow, very nice tech support. Reminds me of my job as tech support for a very big software/hardware company. If something like this hapenned, I would have been fired for sure!! No response in a week time, and of course, no waste of time for a guy who spent more than 100k Euros in digidesign material and plugins. I'm wondering where respect has died.

This time I'm pissed.

Old 10-01-2003, 04:25 AM

Sorry you are having problems but this is a users helping users forum, not a direct line to digi tech support. If you really want help you should call or email them directly.
M1MAX Mac Studio OS 14.4.1, PT2024.3, HDX, S1/Dock
M1 PRO MacBook Pro OS 14.4.1, PT2024.3, BabyFacePro FS
Old 10-01-2003, 05:25 AM

I agree with Will 100% that the presence of Digi's tech support guys is a courtesy, not a right.

But in the spirit of users helping users, I have a suggestion to make to you if you're interested. If you insist that Digi needs to help here then disregard this. But here goes...

Try taking out one of the mix core cards and breaking down to a mix3 to see if that fixes the problem. I wouldn't expect that to be the issue, but since you think it might, that would be an easy thing to try.

I hope you get this issue resolved. Good luck.