Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 08-13-2012, 01:19 PM

JC. Eucon doesnt recognise the Control unit. I'm using the retina macbook and after installing Eucon, nothing changed. I dont think it even knows that the Control is connected to the Macbook!! And i'm running 10.7 still, avoiding more problems from upgrading it to 10.8.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:36 PM
Avid

Default Re: Artist Controllers and EuCon with Mountain Lion 10.8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soratach View Post
JC. Eucon doesnt recognise the Control unit. I'm using the retina macbook and after installing Eucon, nothing changed. I dont think it even knows that the Control is connected to the Macbook!! And i'm running 10.7 still, avoiding more problems from upgrading it to 10.8.
Hey Soratach,

Have you gone through knowledgebase and followed all the trouble shooting tips?

I haven't read through all of your posts, so I don't know exactly what's happening with your system - the best way to get direct help is probably to log into your My Artist account and open up a case, or call the support line. You'll get individualized assistance that is way more extensive than me trying to help you on the forum!

JC
Old 08-14-2012, 03:01 AM

Default Re: The Crazy Question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Haydon View Post
So to distill this all down, the newly introduced issues since 2.6.2 that you are experiencing are:

• Mackie/HUI connectivity
• Retina Display graphics anomalies on Mix/Control
• 10.6.8 connectivity issues

Am I following?

Thanks,
JC
Looks like a solid appraisal of the situation to me. Thanks JC.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:51 PM

I've just find a new issue with OS X 10.8 and EuCon software : I can't install Eucon v 2.6.2 on my MacBook Pro or MacPro with ML. No problem if EuCon 2.6.2 was previously installed and I update OS X 10.7 with OS X 10.8.

But with OS X 10.8, I can install EuCon 2.6.1. I've some bugs with Logic Pro 9.1.8 but it's work. In the same way I can't update Eucon 2.6.1 with 2.6.2 on OS X 10.8. In all the case I have an error message at the end of the install and nothing is copy on hard drive.

My 2 cents
Old 08-16-2012, 07:09 PM

A quick update here. I've made sure that static IPs were assigned to the ethernet port on my mac, and of course not putting my mac on Wireless and expecting Eucon to work. I've restarted my machine and am now in pro tools 10 and fully functional. I am on 10.8 with a MacBook Pro retina display. Eucon app is set to Low Resolution as suggested.

So a little heartburn but in the end it's stable and running well.

Looking forward to retina support without needing to set it to low resolution, and if one day at all possible to allow the Eucon protocol to work on a mix of ethernet and wireless that would be wonderful. Wireless seems fast enough, and I don't think it introduces so much latency that it won't work, but what do I know. I'm no networking expert here.

Peace
Old 08-17-2012, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recording Room View Post
So a little heartburn but in the end it's stable and running well.
Excellent - good news. My little patch of the planet is hurtling through space with two motionless Avid controllers. You using 2.6.2? Latest firmware on units?
Old 08-17-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbieoz View Post
Excellent - good news. My little patch of the planet is hurtling through space with two motionless Avid controllers. You using 2.6.2? Latest firmware on units?
Yes, I am using the lastest of everything. 2.6.2 with 10.8 on Retina MPB. My 10.8 was even installed from scratch off of a USB stick. So everything is based on a clean install here.

I did have some issues at one point where the controllers wouldn't even be seen, I can't remember what I did however to get past that. I think it was because I had a combination of Wireless and Wired plugged in on the same network, so there were two IP addresses bound to the Mac and that may have confused the Eucon protocol.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recording Room View Post
Yes, I am using the lastest of everything. 2.6.2 with 10.8 on Retina MPB. My 10.8 was even installed from scratch off of a USB stick. So everything is based on a clean install here.

I did have some issues at one point where the controllers wouldn't even be seen, I can't remember what I did however to get past that. I think it was because I had a combination of Wireless and Wired plugged in on the same network, so there were two IP addresses bound to the Mac and that may have confused the Eucon protocol.
OK. Interesting. The two main control rooms are all hooked up by cat-5, but i am running wireless elsewhere in the building to service other rooms. Is it the suggestion that if wireless is run anywhere on the network, even if not used for music computer or surfaces, that the surfaces will not work? Would be bizarre if that is the case but will give it a go briefly over the weekend to see if life can be breathed back into the units.

I took all the discussions so far to mean that as long as we weren't trying to to achieve any mac-avid connectivity using wireless we should be fine?
thanks.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbieoz View Post
OK. Interesting. The two main control rooms are all hooked up by cat-5, but i am running wireless elsewhere in the building to service other rooms. Is it the suggestion that if wireless is run anywhere on the network, even if not used for music computer or surfaces, that the surfaces will not work? Would be bizarre if that is the case but will give it a go briefly over the weekend to see if life can be breathed back into the units.

I took all the discussions so far to mean that as long as we weren't trying to to achieve any mac-avid connectivity using wireless we should be fine?
thanks.
No no. I'm saying I assumed that I could let my laptop be on wireless while the Eucon-controllers could be on ethernet and that caused some nasty problems, including the MC Mix shutting off.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Haydon View Post
Hey Soratach,

Have you gone through knowledgebase and followed all the trouble shooting tips?

I haven't read through all of your posts, so I don't know exactly what's happening with your system - the best way to get direct help is probably to log into your My Artist account and open up a case, or call the support line. You'll get individualized assistance that is way more extensive than me trying to help you on the forum!

JC
JC thanks for the advo! I managed to get it connect and running, that resolution thing is still a pain, and like many others i have to disable my wifi first for the MBPr to recognise the Control unit then reconnect my wifi afterwards.

Tat P.