Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 01-19-2007, 11:09 PM

Default Control+Option+Command/ Color palate track color

So, I read on here, in 7.3 LE holding control option command down, and dragging a color to the track, turns the "TRACK" that color.

Cool... neat... did it... now

All New tracks default Blue, Aux's Green I want the tracks to go back to defaulting grey, I can temporarily do this with existing tracks in the session, buy holding control+option+command and clicking "None" in the color palate, but every time I add a new track, it adds a blue track... every time i open an old session, even pre 7.3 the "Tracks" not regions... are colored.

I've invoked an un-doccumented easter egg, and I can not disable it.

- MacStudio M1
- HDX II Sonnet xMacStudio
- 16x16 HD i/o x 6
- PT ULTIMATE
- SONOMA
- ProTools Dock / S1 / Control App
Old 01-20-2007, 12:46 AM

Default Re: Control+Option+Command/ Color palate track color

That's kind of cool - the colors, not that you're stuck. I just tried it myself. I think I found the fix.

1. Open Color palette
2. Select a color - doesn't matter which
3. While holding Ctrl/Opt/Cmd drag the color over to the track area by the track name.
4. Now Drag vertically DOWN to reduce the color depth and vertically UP to increase it until it's like primary colors. You can get shades of the colors this way: the bottom of the screen is all grey and the top of the screen is very bright and ugly.
5. If you drag to the bottom of the screen, all the tracks should turn back to grey and (I tested it) new tracks are then back to grey as well.

Drag slowly up and down to see the various shades. The key is to hit ctrl/opt/Cmd BEFORE you start to drag the color.

I think you found something undocumented, but kind of cool.

If you want to get rid of ALL colors and get back to bland grey for everything, then select all tracks (option/click), open the palette, select Default, then None. But why would you want to? I like some color....

Where is the Ctrl/Opt/Cmd with the Color Palette documented in the manual? I couldn't find it.

PT 2021; MacBookPro M1; 16GB; Spectrasonics; Native Instruments, Toontrack, Waves...too many plugins.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:54 PM

Default Re: Control+Option+Command/ Color palate track color

it's not documented, that's why I couldn't "Read my way out of it"

I actually like the color scheme now, it's a great way to see Aux's v.s instrument tracks, v.s Audio, Master etc... especially in the mix window.

took me a while, but it grew on me.

- MacStudio M1
- HDX II Sonnet xMacStudio
- 16x16 HD i/o x 6
- PT ULTIMATE
- SONOMA
- ProTools Dock / S1 / Control App