Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2018, 09:07 PM

Default Could not complete your request because The system cannot find the path specified

Problems began earlier today (6/27/18). First unable to sign in to App Manager for a couple hours. Upgraded App Man to 2018.6

Still unable to sign in for a bit ... then was finally able to get in to Pro Tools First (running 12.8.2 at that point), and open a project and work on it ... but unable to save the changes I made to the cloud; got a 'hard fail' error in task manager.

Closed the project -- and afterward I was totally unable to re-open it.

Each time I tried to open the project, I get the error message:

Could not complete your request because The system cannot find the path specified. (3) c:\Users\micro\Documents\Pro Tools\Project Cache\-3uQyN3Jp5jMFp_lr9whLb\k9LEJf7ufjGIqRpixlTfLd.ptpro ject\Revision History\Manual Saves\0049.ptpx.

I completely uninstalled Pro Tools First and the App Manager. Now have installed PTF version 2018.4 and App Man 2018.3 ... and am still getting the same 'cannot find the path' error.

Tried to download the last saved version of the project from the cloud -- but it won't open. Same error message.

Running PTF 2018.4 on a Dell Inspiron using Windows 10.

Does any of this look familiar? Is there any way to recover a project from the cloud -- and get it to load successfully?