Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | Duet & Pro Tools | Quartet

Old 07-19-2017, 11:36 AM

Default Pro Tools Duet stops working randomly

Hello,

About one year ago I switched from my old macbook pro to a newer PC. I worked flawlessly with my Apogee Duet in mac. So decided to sell it, and get a new Pro Tools Duet for my new PC.

It has been working perfectly until date but now the situation is terrible. While working with my DAW, the Duet randomly appears to "disconect" from my PC. I mean, I even got info messages from my DAW the same as if I just pulled out the USB wire. It doesn't matter if I'm working with DAW, or just listening to music in a player. It just stops working, even sounds like if I pulled the usb wire...

I thought it might be a bad USB connection, and tried with different USB wires, and also different USB ports of my laptop. Solution seems to work, but after a few days, it starts "disconnecting" again. I don't want to do this anymore because I'm afraid I might be breaking my pc usb ports with a faulty usb wire. And both wires I've tried are apogee/PT manufactured ones.

I am very annoyed by now, if this is a hardware problem, it showed up just after the warranty ended. And it really looks like a hardware problem.

¿Does anyone have the same issues? ¿Any solutions please?

If this is useful info: I'm working with windows 10 and Ableton Live. I also took a look at the PT I/O control and everything looks normal. But when it "disconects" is like no interface was connected. As I said, looks like HW problem.

Thank you very much for your help.
Old 07-25-2017, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Duet stops working randomly

Check all your energy saving settings etc.
Old 04-12-2018, 12:04 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Duet stops working randomly

Old thread pickup, but I have had the same or similar issue with my Quartet. I found that the usb cable from your Quartet to the computer is important, and varies in quality. Try a different cable, shorter/heavier gauge. That resolved the issues for me. Apparently, the Quartet is somewhat power hungry when it comes to the USB port and will drop out easily if you use the cheapest cord you can find.