Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid Pro Mixing General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2018, 11:11 PM

Default Waves SSL G Buss Comp - Weird fade in

Hello,

So I read the manual, no need to refer me to it, but the SSL G comp's Fade options are weird for me.
The fade out works just fine; Ill set the amount of time, and when I click fade out, it fades out every time.
The fade in however only Fades In after a fade out, and never from the start of the song.
So, I set the amount of time, I automate the fade in button to be pressed at the beginning of a song, then when I press play, it would not fade in.
Here is the only time it works, After a fade out, If I click fade in again, it'll fade in.
Am I missing something here? because if thats how its supposed to work then its pretty useless.
And yes I know I could just automate the master fader for the fades.
Does anyone have experience with that option and can tell me what its meant for and how does it work?
I mean according to the manual, and common sense, when I click fade in, it should start from -inf to unity....

Thanks