Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 04-07-2006, 07:46 AM

Default d24/Mix Farm system lacking TDM power

I'm a long time LE user that has just moved to TDM. And am getting 'not enough TDM' processing power' messages when inserting a single instance of a TDM plugin. It happens on a variety of plug-ins. I am still able to run multiple RTAS plugins.

The System is:

PT 5.1 on a G4/533 OS9.2
d24 - 1622 i/o attached - installed in lowest PCI slot
Mix Farm

Everything else is working nicely - recording, playback, etc. It seems strange to me that there is not enough juice in the system to run a single TDM plug, but that might just be my inexperience with the TDM platform.

One other possibly important factor - The DigiTest installed with the 5.1 software is not seeing the cards. But I/O setup in PT is recognizing both cards and correctly working with the 1622.

Your counsel is appreciated.

adam
Old 04-07-2006, 08:01 AM

Default Re: d24/Mix Farm system lacking TDM power

Many current plugins will not run on Mix chips (many won't run on HD chips either), and will give you a -7204 error when trying to load them. You may need to find older versions of the plugs, if they exist. A d24/MIX system is nowhere near current technology, but is still quite useful with the right combination of plugins and outboard.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:13 AM

Your 1622 i/o should be attached to the MIX farm card then to the d24.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:20 AM

yes.. card order would be mix farm, then d24.

what plug in are you trying to run?

some plug ins require the old chips which there are only two of on a mix farm whereas the dsp farms have 4 of.

or... the plug in you need to load requires a mix farm dsp chip in which case you might already be using those chips on other Mix only dsp chips.

I run a d24, mix farm, and 5 dsp farm card system on a quicksilver 867mhz G4 w/1.5 gb's ram, and on os9 running pro tools 5.1
Old 12-20-2006, 08:22 AM

What does your system usage meter say?