Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 04-22-2019, 01:54 PM

Default MIDI problem

So I've tried to contact Pro Tools for help and because I have the free version they won't help me, SO, I have been using my Yamaha Piaggero NP-12 as a MIDI controller for a few weeks now, it worked great. However I turn on Pro Tools | First and even tho the keyboard is on it won't show up in the app as an available input of any kind, and I don't know how to solve this issue. I just want to know what I have to do or pay to get this MIDI working again, I'm at a loss.
Old 04-23-2019, 08:51 AM

Default Re: MIDI problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adude5150 View Post
So I've tried to contact Pro Tools for help and because I have the free version they won't help me, SO, I have been using my Yamaha Piaggero NP-12 as a MIDI controller for a few weeks now, it worked great. However I turn on Pro Tools | First and even tho the keyboard is on it won't show up in the app as an available input of any kind, and I don't know how to solve this issue. I just want to know what I have to do or pay to get this MIDI working again, I'm at a loss.
So, the NP-12 worked fine with PTF until recently?

Please review the MIDI Setup section of the manual and ensure you have everything configured properly. Look under System Configuration -> Configuring MIDI

Also make sure you have the track you are using for MIDI set to record enabled.

System Details