Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 12-01-2007, 09:47 AM

Default when starting up, PT won\'t load. Goes to \"relaunch\"box

So I just got a new Intel core duo mac mini (1.66, 2gb RAM) to run my brand new Mbox 2 mini.
After dealing with other minor problems, I thought I had it ready to go. I was wrong.
First, when I'd try to load PT (LE 7.3.1), it would bring up a box that said my DV toolkit and noise reduction needed authorization with the ilok-which I don't have because it doesn't come with the mini.
So i deleted both, and tried to re-open PT, only now it gets to different stages almost everytime, but about half way through loading up (I actually see the PT interface screen loading bar) it stops, and a dialogue box pops up saying it needs to be relaunched. If I click relaunch, the box just keeps opening.
Anyway have a clue what's up?

and I can't get support because it's not registered because I can't even get that far.

Please tell me I'm a moron and this is an easy fix...
Old 12-01-2007, 10:35 AM

Default Re: when starting up, PT won\'t load. Goes to \"relaunch\"box

Registration happens online and doesn't require a successful install:

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...6&itemid=22828

Make sure you haven't installed any other demo plug-ins, if necessary, you made need to do an uninstall then re-install of PT. Read the "General Troubleshooting" thread near the top of the forum for more basic troubleshooting tips.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:41 AM

I realized that i did register the software so I am registered. thanks though!
I have uninstalled 3 times now. I also haven't used a mac in a few years but it seems weird that after an uninstall, I search for Digidesign and tons of protools related stuff comes up.
I just did a fresh install of osx leopard when I bought the mac beside I bought it used and it came with the full set of leopard discs. I wonder if that's got something to do with it?
Old 12-01-2007, 10:52 AM

That would've been good to mention.

PT isn't supported on Leopard yet. Some folks have it working somewhat, but Digi will be releasing a patch at some point for full compatibility. Until then, it's going to be hard to troubleshoot your system since there's no way of knowing whether or not the OS is part of the problem.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:58 AM

wow. So I am a moron. So it's basically like the windows vista thing huh?

So, would it be a good idea to reinstall OSX tiger and wait until after they make the updates to upgrade to Leopard?
Old 12-01-2007, 12:11 PM

I would start there if it's an option for you, don't forget to back up anything else you don't want to lose on the drive before you reformat and install Tiger though. It sorta sucks recommending that to you b/c it could be something a lot simpler, but not knowing what variables 10.5 throws into the mix it's just too tough to know.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:40 PM

well ive got both startup discs so I'll just try it. I just put on leopard the other day so I dont have anything to backup.
thanks for the help.
wish me luck.