Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2018, 11:31 AM

Default Re: your Fav Guitar plugin....

The Ibanez is on of those art something or others with tapped humbuckers, which gives me a huge range of tones in one guitar. FR is Focusrite 2i2, which is one of my laptop/mobile rigs which I keep in my living room when not actually being used. I usually keep an electric six string, an acoustic six string, a practice amp and a bass in the LR for random jamming. The only single coil guitars I have are an 80's american tele standard and a Squier of some sort that fell into my hands. The other electrics (IDK 8 or so)are all humbuckers, some stock, some Seymour Duncans, some EMG's, two others with coil taps . I don't really have a favorite plug in though, usually just use amps. IK is probably least favorite just cause i hate the interface.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64GTOBOY View Post
The Ibanez is on of those art something or others with tapped humbuckers, which gives me a huge range of tones in one guitar. FR is Focusrite 2i2, which is one of my laptop/mobile rigs which I keep in my living room when not actually being used. I usually keep an electric six string, an acoustic six string, a practice amp and a bass in the LR for random jamming. The only single coil guitars I have are an 80's american tele standard and a Squier of some sort that fell into my hands. The other electrics (IDK 8 or so)are all humbuckers, some stock, some Seymour Duncans, some EMG's, two others with coil taps . I don't really have a favorite plug in though, usually just use amps. IK is probably least favorite just cause i hate the interface.
Thanks for the reply.

You're not alone on Amplitube's gui; the latter is even worse than the one in AT3.

QAPLA!
Old 12-11-2018, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
H3000 can be dialed in for guitar but it's hairy at best.
I tried the trial ver of that and must say very confusing with a bunch weird effects that I would fine hard to use anywhere. but then again I failed to get my head around the concept of its use. And that wasn't for a lack of trying.

And like someone else mentioned..... a good sounding amp and two or three mics and in my case an old GP8 seems to be a winner here... but I am slightly old school.
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2022.7 -23.# - HEAT applied, RME Fireface UCX II
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Old 12-11-2018, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Thanks for the reply.

You're not alone on Amplitube's gui; the latter is even worse than the one in AT3.
+1 I thought the concept was good but it got left to the wayside for BIAS FX fairly quickly.
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2022.7 -23.# - HEAT applied, RME Fireface UCX II
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Old 12-12-2018, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64GTOBOY View Post
Just for grins the other day i was running an ibanez into FR into PT through REDD17/52 pushing the gain and drive to get a little breakup and then(one at a time) through every bx amp sim i have(pretty much all of them),the PRS stuff, through each of the pro tools pedals(listed as Maudio in my products,i dont know why), bluecat free amp sim and some NI amps. It actually was pretty cool. Kinda like running a boost or overdrive pedal into the front of an amp. Havent tried it with IK amp sims yet but i expect the same result
This made me think of something. I was getting a cooler than usual tone once from an amp sim and realized I hadn't taken out the one I had inserted before it. Not exactly what you describe but along the lines of going outside the box a bit to get the tone you want.

Thanks for sharing.

C
PT 2021.10 HDX 16x24 -Mac Pro 12 Cores 48 GB RAM OS 10.13.6 - API 16 channel - AMS Neve 16 channel, AMS-Neve-SSL -Pres/Processing, Bock Audio, BLUE Bottle, Neumann, Josephson -Mics, Bogner, Kemper- Guitar, Chandler Zener-Curve Bender Outboard/Master. UAudio, Waves, Plugin Alliance etc.