Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 07-03-2013, 01:28 PM

Default pro tools 10 loading screen loads for 2 seconds and then disappears

I have a mac osx 10.7.5.. I was running pro tools 10.3.5 for the longest.. i recently tried updating to 10.3.6 and that was a disaster as for some reason pro tools 10.3.6 decided none of my plug ins would work with it and also didnt allow me to even open some previous sessions. not sure why this is but either way what i did was uninstall it and then reinstalled pro tools 10.3.5.. Upon doing this reinstallation I can no longer open pro tools AT ALL..

the issue start to finish:
Click on pro tools..
loading screen loads for 2 seconds or less then disappears..
then nothing happens.. pro tools acts as if i never tried to start it and thats the end..

anyone ever have any similar issues and/or know of a quick fix..

also more info..

i have already tried to wipe out everything and anything i have on my computer related to pro tools short of my actual sessions, presets and templates.. after doing so i uninstalled and reinstalled 10.3.5 three different times at this point.. every time same result.. any opinions at all would be amazing as i was running pro tools 10.3.5 before i tried to update with absolutely no problems ever

also tried reinstalling 10.3.2 once also just to see.. same result.. also tried going back into time machine to grab pro tools from like 2 months ago.. same result..
also my ilok is up to date.. this shouldnt be an ilok issue far as i can tell.. tried reinstalling ilok license manager and same result

new update: ilok is saying i surrendered my license key from my original pro tools 10 and now i only have the pro tools 11 and pro tools 10 activation keys on my ilok that were given to me when i updated to 10.3.6.. anyone think that could be the problem? if so any idea how to fix it.. ilok offers absolutely no phone support and i cant find anything on there website on how to get back a previous license

problem was solved by an avid technician..

i uninstalled it with a clean uninstall after backing up my templates and plug in settings.. then created another admin on my computer and reinstalled the program there.. i then went back to my other admin that i usually use and opened it from here and like magic everything works perfectly again.. just put all my settings and template folders back where they were originally and we are good to go..

Last edited by smokeybryant; 07-03-2013 at 03:32 PM. Reason: problem solved