Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2002, 01:07 PM

Default Re: M Box input count

nope. USB can't handle the data throughput, apparently.
dc
Old 04-25-2002, 06:24 PM

Not true.

USB can handle the throughput, but whether it can do it reliably and predictably with all the other stuff we throw at it is another, as well as the intent of the Mbox designers being the final arbiter. The Mbox doesn't allow 4in/2 out, but thats just how digi designed it.

Tascam has managed a 4 in/2 out USB audio interface with 1x1 MIDI, and emagic has a 2 in/6 out interface, with a 6 in/2 out AND 1x1 MIDI on the way.
Old 04-25-2002, 06:49 PM

I am I the only one holding out for a Firewire Digi001 before I buy a new mac, or at least as an excuse to keep their current one ?

I think a firewire Digi001 would be fantasic.

Even better, turn the PCI card into a firewire device, add a duplicate of inputs 1 & 2 as RCA inputs, a duplicate of the headphone monitor and add switch circuitry to the Digi001 connector so they're disabled when it's plugged in.

Simple!

A small portable, expandable protools system with little modifications to the main hardware because nothing would need to be changed on the Digi001 itself.

All we'd then need is OS X, altivec and Dual CPU support in the Protools LE software and then we do some really fun things with protools no matter what model of mac we buy to use with it.
Old 04-26-2002, 12:57 AM

Default M Box input count

I was thinking of getting one of these...Can you use the analog inputs along with the spdif in/out for recording 4 tracks at once? any help would be appreciated. Thank You.