Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 04-05-2018, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Protools 2018 plugin and support Plan Important question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nige108 View Post
I have no option to renew bonus plugins .
They don’t want my money I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
I feel the same
With the release of the Complete Plug-In Bundle you can get more plug-ins at half the cost. We've even given a year of that free to users that had current Plug-In and Support Plans (check your Products Not Yet Downloaded) and we notified them by email (if current and you didn't get the bundle please start a reg case to let us know).
Old 04-05-2018, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
With the release of the Complete Plug-In Bundle you can get more plug-ins at half the cost. We've even given a year of that free to users that had current Plug-In and Support Plans (check your Products Not Yet Downloaded) and we notified them by email (if current and you didn't get the bundle please start a reg case to let us know).

Thanks for this info Jeffro.
I never got the email and I actually paid for the Complete bundle 2 days ago. I didn’t know I would get it free. Will I be refunded for this?
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2018, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nige108 View Post
...never got the email and I actually paid for the Complete bundle 2 days ago...
Will check it out and reply via case.
Old 04-05-2018, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Will check it out and reply via case.

Thanks Jeffro.

Old 04-06-2018, 10:29 AM

Jeffro above: "With the release of the Complete Plug-In Bundle you can get more plug-ins at half the cost. We've even given a year of that free to users that had current Plug-In and Support Plans."

Apparently this is incorrect. I just got an email from Avid Customer Care telling me that, even though I do have a current Plug-in and Support Plan, I'm not eligible for a free year of the Complete Plug-in Bundle because that offer was only applicable to people who purchased the Renewal or Reinstatement Plan from November 24, 2017 to December 31, 2017. I renewed both my Plans in April, ,2017. Case Number: 03443600.

Looks like anyone outside that limited time frame is SOL.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 04-06-2018, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Jeffro above: "With the release of the Complete Plug-In Bundle you can get more plug-ins at half the cost. We've even given a year of that free to users that had current Plug-In and Support Plans."

Apparently this is incorrect. I just got an email from Avid Customer Care telling me that, even though I do have a current Plug-in and Support Plan, I'm not eligible for a free year of the Complete Plug-in Bundle because that offer was only applicable to people who purchased the Renewal or Reinstatement Plan from November 24, 2017 to December 31, 2017. I renewed both my Plans in April, ,2017. Case Number: 03443600.

Looks like anyone outside that limited time frame is SOL.
I will look into this and report back ASAP!
Old 04-09-2018, 10:07 AM

Throughout this thread we've been told that the Pro Tools Plug-in and Support Plan is no more and it's been replaced by the Complete Plug-in Bundle. And it appears to be the case since there is nowhere in my Avid Account to renew that Plug-in and Support Plan.

So why then have I received an email from Avid today stating the following:

"Don't Let Time Run Out Renew your Pro Tools Plug-in & Support Plan before it expires.

Pro Tools Customer,

As a Pro Tools owner, you’ve enjoyed exclusive access to a powerful plug-in bundle and expert help through your Perpetual Plug-in & Support Plan. But did you know your plan will expire soon? If you don’t renew, you will lose access to…
• Avid Space reverb plug-in for the pristine sound of natural reverb spaces
• 16 creative stompbox effects for creative processing
• On-call troubleshooting support for those times when things don’t go as planned
And don’t forget that you can always expand your artistic palette at any time through the Avid Plug-in Marketplace, where you’ll find the sounds, effects, and tools you’re looking for, giving you even more creative possibilities.

Don’t put your projects in jeopardy—renew your plan now through your Avid Account or local reseller before it expires*.

We wish you many more years of creativity!

–Your Pro Tools team"

Jeffro says we'll get a free year of the Complete Plug-in Bundle to make up for Avid discontinuing the Plug-in and Support Plan. Avid Customer Care says not so, it was a (very) limited time offer.

Both Jeffro and Avid state the Plug-in and Support Plan is no more and it's been replaced by the Complete Plug-in Bundle, yet I'm getting emails from Avid asking me to be sure to renew my Plug-in and Support Plan. But there's no way to do that in my account.

Could Jeffro or someone else from Avid please give the definitive - and correct - answer to what is going on, what has replaced what and whether there is a free year for those of us who have continued paying our renewal fees or not?

TIA
SonoBus
Old 04-11-2018, 10:55 AM

Bump.
SonoBus
Old 04-11-2018, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Throughout this thread we've been told that the Pro Tools Plug-in and Support Plan is no more and it's been replaced by the Complete Plug-in Bundle. And it appears to be the case since there is nowhere in my Avid Account to renew that Plug-in and Support Plan.

"Don't Let Time Run Out Renew your Pro Tools Plug-in & Support Plan before it expires.

Pro Tools Customer,

As a Pro Tools owner, you’ve enjoyed exclusive access to a powerful plug-in bundle and expert help through your Perpetual Plug-in & Support Plan. But did you know your plan will expire soon? If you don’t renew, you will lose access to…
•Avid Space reverb plug-in for the pristine sound of natural reverb spaces
•16 creative stompbox effects for creative processing
•On-call troubleshooting support for those times when things don’t go as planned
And don’t forget that you can always expand your artistic palette at any time through the Avid Plug-in Marketplace, where you’ll find the sounds, effects, and tools you’re looking for, giving you even more creative possibilities.

Don’t put your projects in jeopardy—renew your plan now through your Avid Account or local reseller before it expires*.

We wish you many more years of creativity!

–Your Pro Tools team"

Jeffro says we'll get a free year of the Complete Plug-in Bundle to make up for Avid discontinuing the Plug-in and Support Plan. Avid Customer Care says not so, it was a (very) limited time offer.

Both Jeffro and Avid state the Plug-in and Support Plan is no more and it's been replaced by the Complete Plug-in Bundle, yet I'm getting emails from Avid asking me to be sure to renew my Plug-in and Support Plan. But there's no way to do that in my account.

Could Jeffro or someone else from Avid please give the definitive - and correct - answer to what is going on, what has replaced what and whether there is a free year for those of us who have continued paying our renewal fees or not?

TIA

Hi there,

Jeffro sorted mine out and yes you will get a free year of the Complete bundle. I’m sure he will sort yours too.

Old 04-13-2018, 12:43 PM

Sorry for the delay in responding, we've have many key people wrapped up in Avid Connect and NAB through this week.
Quote:
Throughout this thread we've been told that the Pro Tools Plug-in and Support Plan is no more...
This is true.
Quote:

Those emails must have been queued up prior to disabling these plans. If you received an email about renewing the Plug-In and Support Plan for Pro Tools recently then that is a mistake.
Quote:
There was a special promo at the end of 2017 that offered a Complete Plug-In Bundle when renewing a Pro Tools Upgrade Plan. This is different. We are providing a Complete Plug-In Bundle based on active Plug-In and Support Plans. This is meant to make the transition easier instead of waiting for your current Plug-In and Support Plan to expire.