Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 06-29-2016, 04:33 AM

Default Crackly, warbly audio from SC48 recording

This one is a reallllll bummer.

Short version: Recorded SC48 into Abelton, got crackly, warbly poppy audio, but not on all channels.

Long version:
I recently had a great show on an SC48 and the artist asked me to record it. I followed all the instructions re: FWx drivers etc, but for some reason wasn't able to get PT to see the SC48 properly. At first it wouldn't see it at all, however I was able to get PT to see the console after a while, but the inputs weren't mapped correctly and I didn't have time to troubleshoot it before the show.

The in-house tech got out his laptop and recorded the show with Abelton - yes I know this isn't supported, but it's something he said he's done countless times with no drama.

The show went fine and the recording happened, however what I got was crackly, poppy, warbly audio on SOME of the tracks only. If it were all of them I would call it a sample rate mismatch, but a number of the tracks came up pristine.

Anyone got ANY ideas? My next stop is getting screamed at by the artist and falling back onto a stereo mic recording of the show from mix position.
Old 06-30-2016, 03:38 AM
Avid

Default Re: Crackly, warbly audio from SC48 recording

Can you try the same with PT? This way you'll get a supported configuration.
- If it works fine, then Abelton is guilty, but you have a solution.
- If it doesn't work, then you have a supported configuration and can bug Avid support guys.