Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 07-07-2003, 01:45 AM

Default Error #- 5000 while verifying your Authorisation Unknown Error Help!!!

My Waves 4 plufins are givving me hell I have had to cancel some mixing sessions ove the weekend cause I could not get any support from waves does anyone know what this is all about. I have tried repairing permissions and with the Pace Utility and the System utility but nothing I will not let me reautorise anything. I'm loosing out when I paid good money for my plugs. Help..... Anyone!!

PT6.0.1
OSx.2.6
G4 Dual 1.25
Mix system
Waves 4
Old 07-07-2003, 01:47 AM

Default Re: Error #- 5000 while verifying your Authorisation Unknown Error Help!!!

When I say plufins I mean plugins I should check my posts before pressing Add Reply.

Serverely Dyslexic
Kitch
Old 07-07-2003, 07:10 AM

Default Re: Error #- 5000 while verifying your Authorisation Unknown Error Help!!!

Check the ownership of ALL your drives and partitions. I had the same problem and it was related to a non-audio partition. To check ownership single click on the drive icon and get info. The owner of all the drives should be you and you should be able to read and write.

HTH.
Old 07-07-2003, 09:35 AM

Hi Kitch

You need to repair your iLok permissions. Insert your 6.0 installer cd and locate a folder named Interlock support. Inside this folder you will find a Disk image named PACE repair utility.dmg. Run the little app inside the disk image and everything should work as normal.
One note: Make sure that you have the latest Pace extensions.
I had this same problem with my 1.42ghz machine and the only fix for this issue was to install the latest Pace extension and then run the repair utility. I am not sure if this is a problem with the newer machines or the later versions of OS X, but this should fix your issue...

good luck.
let me know how it goes.
Old 07-07-2003, 11:38 AM
Avid

Hello,

This is most likely a permisions issue of some kind. First make sure you are logged in as an admin. I would then try repairing disk permisions.

-Quit Pro Tools and launch Apple's "Disk Utility" application. Select your boot volume, go to First Aid and select "Repair Disk Permisions."

Mike
Old 07-07-2003, 01:40 PM

Repairing disk permissions with Disk Utility will not fix this problem... That was the first thing I tried when the issue started happening to me. Like I said in the first post, the only fix was to run the Pace Repair utility and to make sure that the latest Pace extension was on my system.
Old 07-07-2003, 03:26 PM

Haxie, that wasn't the cause of my -5000 errors. I ran the ilok repair app, had the latest extension and repaired permissions several times with no luck. So it's fair to say that there may be more than one cause of this problem. Kitch should try all three solutions and with any luck one will fix his problem. Even if fixing permissions, doesn't fix his problem it's still not a bad thing to do.
Old 07-07-2003, 04:17 PM

hmmm... Thats a wierd problem then. I have had this same issue on all of my Dual 1.42's and my 1.25's. All of my dual 800's and ealier have never had this issue. Before I found the fix that worked for me, I tried everything, from repairing disk permissions with disk utility, to reinstalling PT and all of my plugs. The only time I was getting the error message was when I had plugs that needed the ilok auth in my plugins folder. Thats what lead me down the ilok troubleshooting path and to the solution i found. Since he listed that his machine was a 1.25 running 10.2.6, I figured it was the same problem I was having. Could be wrong though, and you are right, he should try all solutions.

Jan, you have a very nice studio.
Old 07-08-2003, 07:47 AM

Thanks Haxie,

Kitch hasn't responded yet, but hopefully he's worked it out.
Old 08-12-2003, 08:42 AM

I am having exactly the same problem as Kitch on my Dual 1.25 GHz MDD Mac after installing the downloaded Waves Platinum 4 bundle. I have repaired the disk permissions on the drive with OSX, but it didn't fix the problem. I will try to run the iLok PACE repair utility later today and report how that worked.

Helge K.