How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2012, 08:19 PM

Default Pro Tools 9 - Download/Access Problem

Hi

I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I originally bought Pro Tools Essential 8 - not through the Avid website but through another commercial seller and then quickly realised I needed to upgrade and so purchased a the full Pro Tools 9 upgrade through the Avid website.

I downloaded the program in the country I was based in but now I am based in another country for an indefinite period of time and when I tried to download the program a message came up saying that my activation code has already been used once and cannot be used again.

I then sent an email to Avid and they sent me a reply to register the product (as now when you call Avid no registration = no assistance). When I tried to register the product it was rejecting some of my input saying for example my code didn't match the software choice I had picked for my registration info.

I can't get through to anyone and I can't register my product - has anyone else dealt with this - what do I do? I've been emailing back and forth without success.

I do not understand any of this - if you need an iLok to access the program why will Avid not allow you to install your purchased software on more than one computer?

Please any help or assistance would be much appreciated as I am really confused and getting increasingly frustrated.

Regards

Feritta