Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 05-01-2010, 09:54 AM

Thumbs down PT 8.3cs2 drag & drop not working

I have recently purchased pt 8.3 via download...then i updated to 8.3cs2 to originally fix the white noise problem on both my systems..which it did, no complaints there...but here's the problem...i can't drag and drop any files from my desktop or any windows explorer-window on either of my pc's, my first pc (which i'll list below) still has static very lightly after about 3 mins of playback which get's increasingly worse and also has higher pc specs then the 2nd pc, 2nd pc no complaint there...and i heard you could use the workspace window as a work around for the drag and drop issuse..but it only seems to locate my external drive which is usless to me in this means..cause i need to drag and drop..desktop local c: audio..while writing this post i ran across something on the Avid website showing a cs3 update Q: Will this update fix the drag and drop problem?

Any help in this matter would be great at this point..because without the use of drag and drop options Pro Tools M-Powered is useless to me...i have been at this matter for over a week straight and need it to be taken care of ASAP...as a paying customer i do no expect to pay hundreds of dollars to beta test any companys audio software after the date of release (which is going on with every company) and if said products aren't tested 100% of supported pc and mac platforms then release should be pushed back to avoid these reoccurring problems i've seen plenty of post with these same problems that people have posted and obvisously no answer has been found or this post wouldn't exist.....and i understand that if update(s) aren't a major release, customers won't be informed via email?...if this is true...this should be fixed...but i see we're taking baby steps so..fix the drag and drop plus the import audio problem on all pc/mac platforms..because for the customers (including me) who use or want to use i should say..this program for audio editing as i said before "it is useless".....help is greatly needed in these areas as soon as possible but sooner than later.
~~~
www.myspace.com/syti13
~~~
Computer Model: DELL Inspiron E1505/6400 Intel Core Duo T5500, 1.66 GHz, 1 GB of RAM,
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002 SP 3
Audio: Factory Sound Drivers, SigmaTel C-Major Audio, M-Audio MoblePre USB Audio Drivers
~~
Computer Model: DELL Inspiron E1505/6400 Intel Core Solo T1350, 1.86 GHz, 0.99 GB of RAM,
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 SP 3
Audio: Factory Sound Drivers, SigmaTel C-Major Audio, M-Audio MoblePre USB Audio Drivers
~~~
Old 05-02-2010, 09:54 AM

Default Re: PT 8.3cs2 drag & drop not working

Well, I don't know that being able to drop&drag MIDI or audio regions onto the desktop has ever been a feature of ProTools. Importation, AFAIK, has always worked (except when it didn't, but I believe that is fixed in v8.0.3cs2).

For audio regions, you can select a region, and Ctrl+Shift+K brings up the export dialog. Just change your destination directory to your desktop, and it will stay that way for the session. That should be almost as fast as drop&drag.

If anyone knows how to export just a selected MIDI region (and the associated keyboard shortcut), I'd appreciate hearing about it, because I haven't been able to find it. I see how to export an entire MIDI track or all tracks, but I don't see how to export just a selected MIDI region.

That said, drop&drag to the desktop would certainly be a welcome addition.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:59 AM

Default Re: PT 8.3cs2 drag & drop not working

I can't help with the drag and drop, but with m-audio interfaces (especially the Delta 1010lt that I had), disabling C1E (CPU Throttling) in the BIOS should get rid of that static. It took me months to find information on that one, and now it's around on the m-audio forum. I don't have that problem with my Profire 2626, but it was so aggravating with my Delta.