Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 06-29-2011, 04:31 PM

Default Help with authorizing Pro Tools!

Hey everyone, first time poster here! I come seeking your superior Pro Tools knowledge and wisdom. Wall of text incoming!

I'm attempting to run Pro Tools M-Powered Academic v7.1.1. I am using an M-Audio Project Mix I/O connected via firewire and one of the old fashioned see-through blue iLoks. I am running Windows XP SP 3 on a Pentium D 2.66 ghz cpu with 2 gb of ram. It ran fine on this setup before, so I don't feel it is an issue with my hardware. I like to think I'm fairly competent when it comes to computers as I have my A+ certification and have worked in the IT field for several years.

The hard drive in the computer I'm attempting to run Pro Tools on crashed about a year ago. Since then I have not had PT installed on any other system. I've recently moved into a house where I'm able to set up drums and basically be loud and I'm looking to get back into recording. I bought a new hard drive but none of my other hardware has changed.

I've installed Pro Tools from my original disc, installed my iLok software and drivers, and installed the drivers for my Project Mix I/O. When I attempt to start PT the screen for authorization pops up. I can either select "Use license card" or click next to either activate via the Internet or manually. I don't have a license card, so I try Internet activation. It returns the error:

"The internet activation server returned a server error (HTTP status 500).
Press OK to manually activate your software.

ID: ePay : 16005 /WPSW : 748"

Clicking OK takes me to manual activation which gives me the Challenge Response system. I'm not sure what to do with this and haven't been able to find answers on Google.

Upon checking my account on www.iLok.com, I find iLok.com sees my iLok is plugged in and that it is working. I'm also able to see that I have a license available:

Product: Pro Tools Academic 7.3
Company: Digidesign
Type: License
Expiration: Never

Now I have 7.1.1 installed, but my license says I have 7.3 available. Could this be my issue? I previously had 7.1.1 installed and never updated/upgraded. I can't seem to find a link on the Avid website to download 7.3.

If there's any other information I could provide (such as a Sandra report if that would be relevant) I would be happy to do so. I've tried to be as thorough as possible in my explanation, but if I could be clearer on anything else please let me know.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:25 AM

Default Re: Help with authorizing Pro Tools!

Quote:
Now I have 7.1.1 installed, but my license says I have 7.3 available. Could this be my issue?
Yes, most likely. Log into your account at https://account.avid.com/ and go to Your Products". You will be able to download 7.3 from there. This will work providing you have an account with them and a licensed product. You may need your original license and disks if you did not register with Avid (or Digidesign) at the time.
M-Audio Firewire 410 via Digi-Qualified SIIG FireWire 2-Port ExpressCard {NN-EC2012-S1}
Glyph 050Q 500GB via eSATA
Old 06-30-2011, 08:37 AM

Thanks for the reply. I guess I forgot to mention I had tried this. Before I made my post I did some searching on these forums and this was suggested in another thread. Under Your Products it says "No downloads found". I tried to register my copy yesterday, but the website told me it had already been registered.

I originally purchased my setup from a friend who was upgrading his rig. Before yesterday I never had an account with Avid. I have all of my original discs, cards, box etc that came with Pro Tools.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:30 PM

Bump, could still use some help if anyone has a suggestion.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:42 AM

Bump, still need some help please!