Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2019, 03:14 PM

Default VEPro 7

I know there's a bunch of VEPro users here and some may not know about it but there's a new version coming out who knows when. It's a major upgrade from VEPro 6. It's actually been talked about for almost 2 months now but Vienna finally came out with info on what's in the new version. This is not a complete list of what's new but should do for now. See this page: https://www.vsl.co.at/en/Software/Vienna_Ensemble_Pro

A few things to keep in mind - the new version only comes with one license versus the three that comes with VEPro 6. Bummer. For those that have VEPro 6 the upgrade price (depending on exchange rate) is currently approx $85 US for a single license with each additional license costing approx. $51 US.

QAPLA!
Old 03-31-2019, 03:43 PM

Default Re: VEPro 7

Tip: Don't buy the license or upgrades for Vienna software from their website. Buy from local dealers (or in your case, US-based web dealers.) The exchange rate fluctuations won't matter and it always comes out much cheaper than the current exchange rate.
Old 03-31-2019, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Tip: Don't buy the license or upgrades for Vienna software from their website. Buy from local dealers (or in your case, US-based web dealers.) The exchange rate fluctuations won't matter and it always comes out much cheaper than the current exchange rate.
Tip:
Don't listen to this. B&H has the upgrade but it's more expensive than direct from Vienna. $24 more expensive. And they're the only authorized dealer that has the upgrade. Sweetwater doesn't list it - they have a page for VEPro 6 but show it as no longer available with nothing even mentioning version 7. The only one that has it cheaper than Vienna is Audio Deluxe at $81.70 (logged in) which is basically meaningless versus the Vienna direct price. For that small amount it ain't worth it to cut the developer out of a few hard-earned bucks. Next time try researching things before posting rather than posting 'conventional wisdom'.

Local dealers like Guitar Center don't deal in this kind of thing. Neither than do local mom & pop stores. Simply not profitable for them to do so.

Something I didn't mention in my initial post is that this pre-order price is only going to last until version 7 drops according to Paul from Vienna. It might last longer but don't depend on it. Another thing I didn't mention is that for people new to the VEPro ecosystem if you buy now you get VEPro 6 to tide you over until version 7 drops.

QAPLA!
Old 03-31-2019, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Tip:
Don't listen to this. B&H has the upgrade but it's more expensive than direct from Vienna. $24 more expensive. And they're the only authorized dealer that has the upgrade. Sweetwater doesn't list it - they have a page for VEPro 6 but show it as no longer available with nothing even mentioning version 7. The only one that has it cheaper than Vienna is Audio Deluxe at $81.70 (logged in) which is basically meaningless versus the Vienna direct price. For that small amount it ain't worth it to cut the developer out of a few hard-earned bucks. Next time try researching things before posting rather than posting 'conventional wisdom'.

Local dealers like Guitar Center don't deal in this kind of thing. Neither than do local mom & pop stores. Simply not profitable for them to do so.
You really don't know what you are talking about. First off, Vienna isn't "cut out" since the sale still goes through them. Second Audio Deluxe is lower (once you put it in the basket) and this is with Vienna's blessing (as they are a dealer for Vienna). When you go through Vienna's website you are charged the current exchange rate plus exchange rate charges (and any other credit card/pay pal currency conversion charges.) The website only gives you an approximation from Vienna's website for currency changes. Third party dealers have a fixed rate (they aren't executing currency conversions in real time.) Third, Guitar Center does deal with Vienna. If you are a professional and have a Pro account, you would know this (and it is discounted.)

Not surprising when people chime in without any real knowledge.

Last edited by BScout; 03-31-2019 at 10:52 PM.
Old 04-01-2019, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
You really don't know what you are talking about. First off, Vienna isn't "cut out" since the sale still goes through them. Second Audio Deluxe is lower (once you put it in the basket) and this is with Vienna's blessing (as they are a dealer for Vienna). When you go through Vienna's website you are charged the current exchange rate plus exchange rate charges (and any other credit card/pay pal currency conversion charges.) The website only gives you an approximation from Vienna's website for currency changes. Third party dealers have a fixed rate (they aren't executing currency conversions in real time.) Third, Guitar Center does deal with Vienna. If you are a professional and have a Pro account, you would know this (and it is discounted.)

Not surprising when people chime in without any real knowledge.
I thought I made it clear (maybe not) - but why cut-out Vienna of the few extra bucks they would make if the sale went directly through them? I just checked my Paypal account and the posted price came up $1 US more for a total difference between Vienna's price and AD's price. So that's a $5 US difference. Besides buying direct through Vienna I get my license and content immediately rather than waiting for AD to do their thing.

As to GC now you're moving the goalposts. GC and GC Pro are two separate entities and not everyone goes through GC Pro. Not every local GC has a GC Pro salesperson on their staff.

What got to me with your initial response was you just posted the usual boiler-plate thing of it's cheaper when you buy from anything other than the developer. Doesn't always happen. Take Fabfilter - while AD does sell them and it appears cheaper AD does not take into account if you have other FF plugins. If you do have other FF plugins and you buy direct from FF then it's cheaper to buy from them. Another thing is that while AD carries a number of different developer's products not all developers allow AD to discount their wares.

For a $5 difference it isn't worth my time to search out a cheaper seller. I don't consider a 5-6% difference 'much cheaper'.

QAPLA!