Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2013, 05:16 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11 will NOT support RTAS plugins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
What are you saying man? Don't understand a word of this post so if you wanna say something regarding this please word the post so we understand thanks
Ok sorry ,

What i say is they update their RTAS plugins to AAX plugins freely when they release Protools 11. And the other manufactures will follow or are already releasing a free update ( since you already have paid for the plugin ).

Last edited by Clint_v_Kapel; 05-12-2013 at 08:22 AM.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint_v_Kapel View Post
Ok sorry ,

What i say is they update their RTAS plugins to AAX plugins freely when they release Protools 11. And the other manufactures will follow or are already releasing a free update ( since you already have paid for the plugin ).
After paying for my Waves WUP, they sent an emails giving me 100% of the price I paid toward new plugs.

Dear Valued Waves User,
Thank you for renewing your Waves Update Plan coverage.
Waves is pleased to offer you a 45-day Waves Voucher, equivalent to the cost of your coverage ($160.00), which may be used toward any Waves software purchase or upgrade.

So the Waves AAX plug-in update cost nothing.
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Park Seward View Post
After paying for my Waves WUP, they sent an emails giving me 100% of the price I paid toward new plugs.

Dear Valued Waves User,
Thank you for renewing your Waves Update Plan coverage.
Waves is pleased to offer you a 45-day Waves Voucher, equivalent to the cost of your coverage ($160.00), which may be used toward any Waves software purchase or upgrade.

So the Waves AAX plug-in update cost nothing.
Nicely done waves nicely done !
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 06-09-2013, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Park Seward View Post
The last time I recieved a coupon from waves, it could only be applied to half of my next purchase, meaning that in order to redeem it, I had to spend twice the value of the coupon. Not saying that your deal is the same, but do read the fine print, I was not happy when I figured that out.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakco View Post
The last time I recieved a coupon from waves, it could only be applied to half of my next purchase, meaning that in order to redeem it, I had to spend twice the value of the coupon. Not saying that your deal is the same, but do read the fine print, I was not happy when I figured that out.
Same thing here both WUP times..

25% of any plugin purchase and 50% off any bundle purchase so to use that 100% voucher I have to buy 4 plugins if I read it correctly

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 06-16-2013, 06:31 PM

Here is the problem with Avid. They want to be different than anybody else on the market. Where other DAWs on the market accepts 32bit plugins Avid says Nope, PT11 will be 64 bit and will only accept 64bit program. I read the article where they said it was basically impossible. Well I call them out now by saying BS. As a programmer I will attest they can program the code to allow 32 bit programs. They are not allowing it to FORCE you and me to upgrade to PT11. Well this boy isn't going to upgrade for about 2-3 years when PT12 is out. By then you will see more and more 64bit plugins, maybe. In the mean time don't let Avid provide you with a marketing lie they are using...
Old 06-16-2013, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboman01 View Post
Well this boy isn't going to upgrade for about 2-3 years when PT12 is out.
Of course it's your choice to not upgrade.

For me though, I'll be glad to see the end of 32bit RTAS format, and already there are quite a few plugin manufacturers who're either porting to AAX within the near future or have already done so. Indeed a good number of them are offering free upgrade to AAX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboman01 View Post
By then you will see more and more 64bit plugins, maybe. In the mean time don't let Avid provide you with a marketing lie they are using...
I find this comment rather amusing. How many plugins do you need? Are you a plugin collector? "In the mean time" there are already plugins in the new format that one 'needs'. The rest are just 'wants'.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O
Old 06-16-2013, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
Of course it's your choice to not upgrade.

For me though, I'll be glad to see the end of 32bit RTAS format
Yeah buddy
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msat View Post
I wish I knew this before I used my credit card. Why am I surprised? I know it's all about greed and money, I just keep hoping that there is still decency in this world. NO I won't pay more money for something I've already payed. Enough is enough. I guess it's back to cubase. Ever since I changed to PT from cubase life its been hell and bank account has been raped... And now another hit like this??
I'm not against moving forward but this is is not that, it's just another lame excuse to squeeze more money out of us for nothing.
Paying for something before you research it, especially when the RTAS subject has thousands of posts regarding it's demise was not the best idea.

Cubase is a great program. If it works for you, then you should absolutely use it.....really!
http://www.fishertheband.com
Mac Pro (Late 2013) 3.5 GHz 6-core Intel Xeon E5 - 32 GB Ram / 1TB Flash Storage - Avid HD I/O - Latest Mac OS - HDX3 - Latest PT Version.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:47 PM

I am sure that this has been covered, but I am being lazy and don't want to wade through hundreds of posts.. Please would someone tell me something...

Can PT 10 and PT 11 be installed together on one machine (MacPro) or would 11 break the 10 install?

I am all for the new release and totally understand the reason for the RTAS demise, but don't want to get stranded by plugins that either have not been upgraded to AAX yet, or that I can't budget to upgrade to right now.

I ask, as it would be nice to be able to run PT11 to check it out, but have PT10 available for the reasons above.