Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 11-26-2019, 09:15 AM

Default Inherited my Father's Avid account. Need Guidance.

Hi Avid community. I'll try to make a long story short.

My father passed away in early September and had been working on restarting his career as a songwriter/producer for about ten years. In that time he'd amassed a large amount of hardware and software which I have inherited.

I don't know the first thing about Pro Tools (but I always wanted to learn), so this seems like a good opportunity to finally take the plunge. The only problem is I don't know how to transfer all of the licenses and whatnot to myself.

I know Avid has a way to transfer ILOK licenses, and that's all fine. Problem is I can't find my father's ILOK dongle. I have here what looks to be a Gen1 dongle, but when I plug that into the PC that has the ILOK License Manager installed it says there are zero licenses on there. I can see an icon that looks to be a more normal shaped USB stick that has a whole host of licenses associated with it.

So, I've got the car, but no keys. I'll double check the storage space for it, but if I can't find it what are my options? I've got account ID's and passwords to pretty much everything, just no ILOK dongle. I know I can order a replacement dongle if I were already the owner.

Ultimately what I'd like to do is transfer any of my father's software licenses over to myself, and install everything on my Macbook Pro (my father used a PC, which I haven't touched a PC in almost 6 years) and sell any licenses he paid for that I won't use (virtual instruments and such). Is this doable? Anyone willing to take on a charity case?
Old 11-26-2019, 09:18 AM

Default Re: Inherited my Father's Avid account. Need Guidance.

So sorry for your loss. Will contact you directly to see how we can assist with accounts/licenses.
Old 12-31-2019, 01:42 AM

Default Re: Inherited my Father's Avid account. Need Guidance.

Condolences for you loss.
Nice to read about Avid's friendly attitude