Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 02-01-2018, 07:52 AM

Default Uad Plugins stopping audio in PT subgroups

Has anyone experienced this problem ...please I cannot be the only one ...the problem has happened on 2 different computers ...now in Sierra and 2018.1
Something is blocking the subgroups....reverted back to 12.8.2 and now the problem persists ...I have thrown out all preferences from PT and Uad many of times ...the problem has slightly improved but is not stable ...UAD insists it is not their problem....now has anybody had this issue....I can’t imagine being the only one ....any other info that you need please feel free to ask....I am a open book at this point ....yes I have filled out a support ticket ....one in November and the problem was fixed from going Sierra ....12.8.2 and a 1000 dollars .....now updated to 2018.1 problem is back
Even after reverting back to 12.8.2....the problem of audio getting thru at times is intermittent......when something’s not broke ...don’t fix it...can I get some help ...I’m out of straws till avid contacts me once again ...even then they are puzzled ...
Old 02-01-2018, 07:57 AM

Default Re: Uad Plugins stopping audio in PT subgroups

List all system specs.
List all interfaces used
List all UAD DSP used and the connection type.

Post screen shots of your routing and "audio blocked" problems
Direct screen shots (in focus please) inside your session.
also screen shots of the plugins gui open
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 02-01-2018, 08:02 AM

Heavy UAD user here, not seeing this.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 02-02-2018, 05:35 AM

What kind of hardware are you using exactly?

I never experienced anything like that either.
Old 02-02-2018, 02:40 PM

Not having and issue here with PT 2018.1, UAD, and 10.13.3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 02-06-2018, 06:38 AM

No problem here either on Windows 10 with PT 2018.1 and UAD 9.4...to be truthful I never heard of a UAD problem like this.

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D - BIOS F21b
Intel Core I9 10850K Windows11 / macOS 12.7.4 Hackintosh / 32GB of Rams
Avid Carbon/HDX 2024.3 Ultimate - 8x8x8 HD I/O - PT Dock - PT Control - Artist Mix (1)
Universal Audio Apollo Twin|X - UAD2 Pci-E and Satellite USB Octo v.11.0.1 - SOLO 610 - Twin-finity
Bricasti M7 (2)
Lexicon PCM96
Neumann KH805 - KH310
Yamaha NS-10M
Avantone Mixcubes
Grace Design M905
Etc, etc, etc.
Old 02-06-2018, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Demman View Post
Has anyone experienced this problem ...please I cannot be the only one ...the problem has happened on 2 different computers ...now in Sierra and 2018.1
Something is blocking the subgroups....reverted back to 12.8.2 and now the problem persists ...I have thrown out all preferences from PT and Uad many of times ...the problem has slightly improved but is not stable ...UAD insists it is not their problem....now has anybody had this issue....I can’t imagine being the only one ....any other info that you need please feel free to ask....I am a open book at this point ....yes I have filled out a support ticket ....one in November and the problem was fixed from going Sierra ....12.8.2 and a 1000 dollars .....now updated to 2018.1 problem is back
Even after reverting back to 12.8.2....the problem of audio getting thru at times is intermittent......when something’s not broke ...don’t fix it...can I get some help ...I’m out of straws till avid contacts me once again ...even then they are puzzled ...
Are there other plugins (besides UA) on those tracks or sub groups that might be running in demo mode?

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D - BIOS F21b
Intel Core I9 10850K Windows11 / macOS 12.7.4 Hackintosh / 32GB of Rams
Avid Carbon/HDX 2024.3 Ultimate - 8x8x8 HD I/O - PT Dock - PT Control - Artist Mix (1)
Universal Audio Apollo Twin|X - UAD2 Pci-E and Satellite USB Octo v.11.0.1 - SOLO 610 - Twin-finity
Bricasti M7 (2)
Lexicon PCM96
Neumann KH805 - KH310
Yamaha NS-10M
Avantone Mixcubes
Grace Design M905
Etc, etc, etc.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:52 PM

After being on the phone with avid 3 hours one day and 3 hours another ....they define my issue as a resource issue and I’m running out of resources ....which transalates into needing 32 more gigs of ram ....total of 64 .....if you close the file and load the same file it does my explained problem.....if you quit Protools and then load the same file ....everything works fine ...the avid tech said and also My LA tech say the same thing .....more ram could cure the issue ....my tech from LA says as common practice he quits Protools before every song so he gets that maximum amount of resources out of his cpu...again if I quit Protools for each song ....now mind you these are pretty serious track counts.....75-100 tracks ......small files do not do this only big ones and it’s not just uad plugs ....it’s everything and anything native .....dsp works fine .....so there you have it .....please fire away with your cures and fixes .....and thank you most of all for taking interest in my dilemma
Old 02-13-2018, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Demman View Post
After being on the phone with avid 3 hours one day and 3 hours another ....they define my issue as a resource issue and I’m running out of resources ....which transalates into needing 32 more gigs of ram ....total of 64 .....if you close the file and load the same file it does my explained problem.....if you quit Protools and then load the same file ....everything works fine ...the avid tech said and also My LA tech say the same thing .....more ram could cure the issue ....my tech from LA says as common practice he quits Protools before every song so he gets that maximum amount of resources out of his cpu...again if I quit Protools for each song ....now mind you these are pretty serious track counts.....75-100 tracks ......small files do not do this only big ones and it’s not just uad plugs ....it’s everything and anything native .....dsp works fine .....so there you have it .....please fire away with your cures and fixes .....and thank you most of all for taking interest in my dilemma
In the absence of full system info (you only have a small subset in your profile) and making some guesses it looks like you have the dual cpu version of my cheesegrater (2012 with a single 3.46 GHz cpu; I have 48 gig ram). That means your UAD connection is FW800 - have you tried connecting to the different FW800 ports on the Mac? Do you have anything daisy chained with the UAD?

How is the ram set up? Is everything of the same size/specs? Do you have all 8 slots filled? Remember that Macs of this vintage use triple channel ram and the optimal setup is to just fill 3 slots on each side with ram.

What are you using for a system drive? Spinner or ssd and if ssd is it in a drive bay or on a pcie adapter card?

QAPLA!