How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2000, 02:49 AM

Default Digital performer VS Protools 5

Hello!
Im using Digital Performer long time ago with Digidesign hardware 888/24.
I use the D.P. mainly because Im a midi arranger and old protools versions don't give me the midi features that I Needed.
I want to know if the sound quality of Digital Performer with 888/24 hardware,is the same as Protools 5's software wih the same 888/24 or if protools 5 sound even better than my D.P.
Thanx and excuse me my spanglish,Im from Mexico City.
Old 04-04-2000, 08:26 AM

Default Re: Digital performer VS Protools 5

I had a client in here the other day that had tracked in DP and came in to mix on my Pro Tools setup. As I was applying plug-ins to the tracks and copy/pasting some of the settings he asked my why I just didn't click and drag on the plug-in from the previous track to the new track with the same setting. He said he does this in DP all the time. I couldn't beleive it. He also made me aware of many other shortcuts that are available in DP that aren't available in Pro Tools. One good thing about all this competition for Pro Tools is that it might drive digidesign to implement some of the better things from the other programs. However, it seems to take a long time to implement change.

Saludos!
Old 04-05-2000, 12:44 AM

Thanks blairl!
I recentlty recieved an e mail from another forum called audio forum and this guy told me
that the sound quality of protools was superior than any midi software because the secret of protools was in the way it write the audio,even if the hardware was the same in both softwares.
Both I dont hear any difference beetwen an clean voice recorded in protools and Digital performer via 888/24.
Any other opinion?
Old 04-05-2000, 12:45 AM

mmm....

[This message has been edited by del cosmos (edited April 05, 2000).]