Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2010, 10:19 AM

Default DAE -7202 error - any ideas?

Running PT5.1 on G4 1.25GHz MDD FW400, OS 9.2.2.

Card order:

Slot 1 - stock video card

Slot 2 - Mix Core ser IG06867 rev G

Slot 3 - Mix Farm ser IN05045 rev G

Slot 4 - Mix Farm ser IN12040 rev H

Slot 5 - ATTO EPCI-DC

I have DigiTest 5.1 and 5.1.3cs3 - both say the system config is invalid.

System will run fine without the newer Mix Farm (Mix Core + older farm). DigiTest says the config is invalid, but if forced with the Command key, both cards will test OK. If the new Mix Farm is added, I get -7202 errors on Mix Card #3 (the new card), and Digitest will fail all three cards (will not start TDM).

It seems my older Mix Cards don't like playing with their newer friend. I have seen posts about Mix Farms with serial numbers from 10,000 to 14,000 having an Intel chip incompatibility issue, but this card had the Digital chip and looks identical in every way to the older Mix Farm.

Any ideas? Thanking you in advance for wisdom.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:56 PM

Default Re: DAE -7202 error - any ideas?

Cant find exactly what a 7202 error is, the Knowledge Base wont show DAE errors anymore.

It's sounding like you may have a bad card, I have seen the pins on the TDM chips (the ones along the top with the digi logo) get pretty bent up and or broken.
look for some that are bent, broken, or shorted together.
shorted would be my first guess, for that would prevent the TDM buss from working at all, open pins would give a TDM buss error later in the test.

If your handy with a soldering iron and a hobby knife you can bend them back, and if they came loose from the board they can be re soldered, but if they break off from the chip your SOL.

Of course a refund / exchange from who you bought it from would be the best option.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:49 PM

Milesofwire, it looks like you were spot-on. Found a leg on one of the Digi DSP's on the top of the card touching another. Carefully seperated them and everything is working great. Thanks for the superior advice!

Also, I think it might have been a -7207 error... my bad.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:09 AM

Glad to help!
Old 01-28-2015, 12:11 PM

Hello everyone,

Though this thread is more than four years old I hope there is someone who can help me.
I receive the same dae error -7202. The system I am working with is an old ProTools TDM-System that consists of two i/o 888/24 and a Mac G4 with one Mix Core, one Mix Farm and one DSP Farm card. The System ran fine for years but now all of a sudden I get this error message when starting ProTools. The OS version is 9.2 and I am using ProTools 5.1.1. There is some stuff from which I believe that these are external hard drives connected via SCSI.
I checked all wirings multiple times, took out the cards, cleaned them and put them back in place, trashed digiSetUp and reconfigured it but none of this worked. I really fear that my mix core card might be broken.
Can someone give me a hint if this is the case? I would like to avoid buying that card if this does not solve the problem because those are quite expensive.
Here are some further information I came across while studying what happens there:
The full error message says: DAE error -7207 occurred on DSP #1 MIX Card #1
DigiTest is giving be the following failures:
Control Latch Test Dsp(A): Expected:02; Actual:01
(ASIC RAM Page 0) Dsp(A): TDM RAM Banks failure (multiple times for different dsp)
Dsp(A) TDM Slot Assignment Table failure (multiple times for different dsp)
Dsp(A): No TDM Clock detected (0) (multiple times for different dsp)
The clock error failure is also reported on the other cards (Mix Farm, DSP Farm)
On the mix core card a red light is glowing while on the other cards just green and yellow ones glow.
The slave i/o 888 show peaks on the inputs when starting protools. That somehow confuses me because the slave is connected to the mix farm card which is not blamed to cause the problem.
I guess it is no problem with the i/o 888 because if I switch them so the other one becomes the master that is connected to the core card it has no effect on the how the system reacts.

Thanks in advance and greetings from Germany,
Dominik
Old 01-29-2015, 12:50 PM

I would start with a barebones system.
Pull the Mixfarm and DSP farm and run just one 888 with the mix core.
If the error still occurs, swap interface cables.
If the error still occurs after that, swap 888s.
If no error, add the MIX farm and TDM cable.
If no error, add the second 888 and slave clock cable.
Try using different nodes on the TDM cable
Try a different BNC cable for slave clock between the 888s
etc..

Basically, try to isolate the problem.

If a MIDI event triggers a sample of a tree falling and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?
Old 02-01-2015, 07:42 AM

Thanks for the advice. I'll try that.
Are there any configurations or something I should delete after removing the cards?
I have not build and configured the system and I was pretty glad that everything ran fine. Though I went through the manual I am still no pro at this and I try to be very carefull with changes on the system that can eventually not be undone.
Old 02-01-2015, 12:03 PM

If you remove cards/interfaces, digitest will automatically detect these. For pro tools, you can go to playback engine and io setup to configure the interface and io

If a MIDI event triggers a sample of a tree falling and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?