Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2003, 10:33 AM

Default Re: pops / clicks in Autotune?

This random clicking problem only appeared when I switched from Autotune version 2.13 to version 3. I assumed it was a bug in the new one.

I'm back on the old one now...I didn't see much new in verson 3 anyway, besides the ability to select the type of signal to be processed and a modernized interface.
Old 05-26-2003, 12:36 AM

You are correct!
The new version has a bug.
Old 05-26-2003, 08:34 AM

YES - this IS a problem with Auto-Tune I experience very often ! Random clicks and pops in certain places of vocals or instruments (you can play certain place few times, the pop will be there few times and few times not). In the beginnig it was a bit shocking and I sent few samples of it to Antares. They however thought that it may be the problem of whatever else than AutoTune. It is however purely AutoTune problem (if you bypass it, it disappears). If I use Auto Tune sometimes, while recording or bouncing the tracks I have to be very careful not to record or bounce some strong clicks Auto Tune produces. In certain cases I have to record some place several times till the moment there is finally and accidentally no click.
Old 05-26-2003, 08:37 AM

... and you are also right that it is a bug in version 3. It did not happen in lower versions. But version 3 is the only one treating stereo tracks (unfortunately)
Old 05-26-2003, 09:44 AM

I too notice this as well, I'm running Version 3 on XP. But when I was on a MAC running the first version of Autotune I never had the random crackling thing... it's really, really annoying and Antares has known about it for over half a year now. I don't know why they don't fix this. They probably want to wait awhile then charge for the fix somehow. That company is always out for money!!
Old 11-13-2017, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISedlacek View Post
YES - this IS a problem with Auto-Tune I experience very often ! Random clicks and pops in certain places of vocals or instruments (you can play certain place few times, the pop will be there few times and few times not). In the beginnig it was a bit shocking and I sent few samples of it to Antares. They however thought that it may be the problem of whatever else than AutoTune. It is however purely AutoTune problem (if you bypass it, it disappears). If I use Auto Tune sometimes, while recording or bouncing the tracks I have to be very careful not to record or bounce some strong clicks Auto Tune produces. In certain cases I have to record some place several times till the moment there is finally and accidentally no click.
2017 and it's the same...
Auto-Tune EFX 2 was perfect without this bug, but it's too old now and there's no AAX version.
I have all the auto-tune version (Auto-Tune 8.1.8, Auto-Tune EFX 3 AAX v3.0.1, Auto-Tune Live AAX MAC v1.2.0) and the random clicks and pop bug is there. I can attenuate the problems with different settings but nothing 100% click-free. I tried on several totally different studio/setup, the same everywhere. I use the wavestune realtime instead (pretty cool and 0 clicks) but it use more cpu and i prefer the Antares's detection algorithm.
It's seem no one care about this BIG problem, users and Antares developers... It's crazy because they are the leader in vocal tuning.
Am i alone?
OSX 10.11.5, Pro Tools native 12.8.2 R2