Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2008, 06:08 PM

Default Re: anyway to avoid the creation of folders by digi on all my drives?

Yes they can as long as PT isn't running. If you have something mounted while you launch/run PT it will make a new one.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:22 PM

well it is a problem, read the responses here, they are annoying and there, when i go to browse a drive i see them there, even on mp3 players and other media drives, they are there once a pro tools session has been launched.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:41 PM

I've never been annoyed by a Digi database folder, and to be honest I've never had to delete one either.

I've also never had a problem with missing audio files. Maybe because I make sure where I'm recording to before I start recording.

If they bother you so much just don't look at 'em.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:02 PM

http://discussions.apple.com/thread....672421#8672421

there you go mr brain, the folder causes issues with running disk utilities even after quitting pro tools, once digi creates those spam folders you can not un mount the drives!, so cut your support by kissing u to a developer and get in track instead man, we pay for this stuff, maybe your bored and like these toys but some of us use them for more professional reasons wether it may be a M-powered or HD set up.

why not do the professional thing and get rid of the junk we do not need to deal with like all the other invisible folders etc.

some of us need to get back to work here
Old 12-22-2008, 11:25 PM

I've never had any problems like the ones you describe due to Digi database files. I would suspect that your use of the latest OS has more to do with that.

I find your insinuation that my disagreement with you on this "issue" makes me unprofessional quite laughable.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:28 AM

"The point here is that digi doesn't give you the option to not create them in the first place on drives that you know you're never going to use for PT. Instead of constantly scouring your system for new drives to sink it's teeth into, digi should instead assume that NO drive on the system is going to be used for PT until you tell it otherwise.

This would also help with a lot of people who unwittingly record audio to alternate drives and then have missing audio files when they arrive at a different studio. I feel their pain when I have to tell a client "Dude, there's no audio in this folder. It says these were originally recorded on your system drive, not your fw drive." Why should PT EVER assume by default that it would be recording audio on a system drive????"

Wow very well put and I couldnt agree more - that would work for me.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Brane View Post
I've had many problems like the ones you describe due to Digi database files. I would suspect that your use of the latest OS has more to do with that.

I find my insinuation that disagreed with myself on this "issue" makes me unprofessional and laughable .
Been bureaucratic and professional is not the same, get over it, if digi is not flexible with its users the time is nearing.

So lets put the your fanatical ideas aside so i can ask something here to be clear, can someone verify if the folders are causing drives to behave as if they are needed by running applications?
Old 12-23-2008, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic Pro View Post
Been bureaucratic and professional is not the same, worse off are losers who lost faith in themselves and like to pretend they are sub servants to a idea they insist becomes there identity, why, because they hate themselves so bad, so why not behave like a real person instead of robocop? did you know that Apple does NOT want to make a perfect computer? if they did people would not care about them! a computer far superior and perfect then a human bien is too scary for some to handle.

Avid's corporate greed needs to be put aside and get into action with end users instead of taking a portion of every companies tax decleration.

Now by putting away your fanatical issuesa siding, can some one verify if the folders are cuasing drives to behave as if htey are needed by running applications?
Dude, you're killing me! Have another bong toke.

Better check your tinfoil supply too. Your hat is looking a bit ragged.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:48 PM

Hey Logic Pro...switch to decaf ! One can only wonder what type of logic 'PRO' goes around insulting people on forums. That's no way to get help. Get a life already!
Old 12-23-2008, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic Pro View Post
He said HD system, is this not the M-powered pro tools section?

these "SPAM" folders should be invisible to us if digi thinks they are necessary, why do we need to see them if they are there to allow Pro Tools to seek on a drive, absurd!
Get over it and get past it. It's part of the 'digi-love' process. This happens on ALL drives connected to ANY version of PT.