Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2005, 03:31 PM

Default LE Tiger update is here....still no M-powered!

Not cool at all Digi, should be equal priority, I am getting more and more pissed that I sold my mbox for a FW1814. When will we see the Tiger update for M-powered!?! Later today or tommarow I hope! I am getting frustrated, I expected they would release both updates at the same time. What gives.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:42 PM

Default Re: LE Tiger update is here....still no M-powered!

From Digi:

Pro Tools M-Powered software is currently not compatible with Mac OS 10.4 "Tiger". A free Tiger compatibility update for Pro Tools M-Powered owners will be available in July.

frrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtttttttt
Old 06-25-2005, 10:08 PM

July 8th is the 10 week point since the Tiger release date, I expect the update not a single day later (and hope that it comes several days before as LE users already got there update). All I will say is that when I got my new G5 running Tiger ALL of my current applications currently worked or had Tiger compatability updates except the one piece I need/use/rely on the most which is Pro-Tools and my Firewire 1814's driver. The drivers where updated on June 6th for the FW1814 and all works great. Please Digi hurry up and release the update already. I dont think it is fair that LE recieved priority as I spent more money on my M-powered system than my now sold Mbox. Any word on specifically when would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:55 AM

It doesn't surprise me that LE got updated before PTMP. LE has been around longer so there must be a lot more users running with Mbox and 002. The PTMP stuff is new and most likely represents a small fraction of the overall Digidesign user community. I understand your frustration but at the same time I'm not overly surprised by the way the updates are rolling out.

I'm also eagerly awaiting the PTMP update for Tiger. I just picked up a powerbook and would very much like to try out PTMP with my FW1814 and see how it goes. Hopefully it will be fairly soon.

Scott
Old 06-28-2005, 07:07 AM

M-powered is LE - bar the block on non-digi hardware and the splash screen
not sure why that would take very long at all to change on the current LE 6.9.2.

If the m-audio drivers didnt work in tiger that would be a different story.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:10 PM

I believe there are a couple of other differences such as lack of support for video post and digitranslator.

Don't get me wrong though, I'd very much like to see the MP version for Tiger ASAP!

Scott
Old 06-28-2005, 06:38 PM

sure - but my point is these differences are simply about disabling certain features, not
adding something new or different.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:24 AM

Default Re: LE Tiger update is here....still no M-powered! *DELETED*

Post deleted by mattwooddc
Old 06-29-2005, 12:23 PM

I just hope it works this time when the update is released!

I NEVER got FW1814 and M-powered to work on my powerbook that is running Panther. I did everything including updating my FW1814 firmware on a PC, installing reinstalling drivers and PTMP.....never got it to work. Just tried again yesterday with the latest 1.5.1 Firewire driver and nada. Thats when I got my G5 I did not do the wierd Panther install work around because I was pretty confident it wouldn't even work. If you want look at my old posts and you can see what I went through. Anywho yea I am ticked too......I sold my mbox and got a Fw1814 because it plays nicer with logic, however for nearly 3 months now lost my Pro-Tools rig. Just please guys hurry up with the Tiger update and make sure it WORKS this time.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:35 AM

If most of you guys weren't newbies, you would know that you should never stay on the cutting edge of new OS'es and new machines because digi takes forever to release an update everytime. This time is not different, except they may have been even faster than usual to release updates for HD and Le. But not really, considering that the Tiger dev kits have been out for over a year.

Ask some people how long it took to get a PT HD or le for OSX period. Then another wait after Panther came out. It never fails.