Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2001, 09:45 AM

Default Apple Titanium problems

just in case...

i again had trouble with Apple products.
Here's is what i wrote in the Apple discussion group. Apple DELETED all the messages. I thought there's free speech in the Westworld. But it seems that Apple is afraid:

ok folks this is something everybody should just try who received a new PowerBook G4. Disconnect the unit from the power supply. Put it on a flat table ( where it usually is anyway) and lift the downer left corner (the corner where the battery resides) up and down. If your's isn't shutting down you're lucky. If it is give it back to Apple and sell all the shares you might own. That's at least what i'm doing... My service center just showed it to me today and they said it's a known issue. Of course Apple won't talk about it, because this is getting political. To make a long story short, the battery thing is completely reproducable. Lift it and you'll see.

If this issue isn't replaced within 24 hours i'm contacting press and my lawyer. I lost too much money in the last 6 month with Apple products.

I'm very interested in your reactions. So please reply

Claude
Old 03-28-2001, 09:51 AM

Default Re: Apple Titanium problems

Check out http://www.macfixit.com/ultimate/For...ML/001273.html

Rail

------------------
Recording Engineer
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 03-28-2001, 09:04 PM

Did you really think it would be perfect. Everyone wants them to hurry up and release the next best thing and then all you do is complain. I am sure they'll will fix it for you. What are you sue happy? " I am gonna sue you , I am gonna sue you"

Don't Worry , Be Happy!!!

[This message has been edited by JROB6716 (edited March 28, 2001).]
Old 03-29-2001, 07:18 AM

<<<If it is give it back to Apple and sell all the shares you might own. That's at least what i'm doing...>>>

If for some reason you ever make an error in your profession, I hope your customers give you the same harsh treatment that you're so eager to dish out.

Lee Blaske
Old 03-30-2001, 02:16 AM

Lee

you're right. We're only human. I wouldn't complain about a mistake normally.
But when you buy lots of stuff from a company and it mostly tunrs out, that they're not really interested in trouble you might run into, then it's like i would kick my customers after i made the deal. I believe it shouldn't be like this. I also don't believe that everything should be handled after the weather at wallstreet. And that's where a lot of problems are.
But again otherwise i agree with you

All the best

Claude
Old 03-30-2001, 02:19 AM

Rail

Thanx for the link. Appreciate your help.
The problem is fixed. I just exchanged the battery with a TI/400 and now it works.

Claude