Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2005, 11:54 AM

Default Re: Weird error message on MIDI import

Quote:
Quote:
We're going to try to test this some time today to see if we get the same result.
Digi Techsupport, that was 8/9.. today is 8/13... any news?
As I edited my above post, I import from the Midi Regions Bin...
Thanks again for your help...
Now it's 8/17... any response Digi?
Old 08-17-2005, 01:31 PM
Avid

How, exactly, are you exporting MIDI files from Stylus RMX? I've only been able to see the ability to 'drag and drop' a single MIDI file at a time. The more specific you can be, the better.

I'm assuming the you're importing .mid files that contain multiple regions. I've tested importing .mid files that were exported from several other applications and Pro Tools imports all the regions from those .mid files without a problem, so it would lead me to believe that the .mid files that are being created by Stylus have something funky going on with them.

Are you able to import multiple region MIDI files created with other applications, as I am?
Old 08-18-2005, 06:12 AM

Quote:
How, exactly, are you exporting MIDI files from Stylus RMX? I've only been able to see the ability to 'drag and drop' a single MIDI file at a time. The more specific you can be, the better.
I think I explained this sufficiently as posted above. Yes, RMX can only drag and drop a single MIDI file at a time.

Quote:
I'm assuming the you're importing .mid files that contain multiple regions. I've tested importing .mid files that were exported from several other applications and Pro Tools imports all the regions from those .mid files without a problem, so it would lead me to believe that the .mid files that are being created by Stylus have something funky going on with them.
Yes, when I import from the region bin menu more than one RMX .mid file at a time I get the error msg. Is this what you mean by importing .mid files that contain multiple regions? Have you tried importing RMX files? (Assuming you have Stylus RMX, of course... you do have it don't you?).

Are you saying you can import multiple .mid files for any other application (ie: generic MIDI I assume) except for RMX? Have you been able to generate the error message? If you don't have RMX then I would assume so. If this is the case, should I contact Spectrasonics?

Quote:
Are you able to import multiple region MIDI files created with other applications, as I am?
I will try this today... will let you know...

Thanks for checking in on my problem!
Old 08-18-2005, 08:20 AM
Avid

Here's what I did - in Stylus RMX, I drag and dropped several MIDI files out onto the desktop. I then attempted to import more than one of them simultaneously - the browser does not let you do so. This is where I was confused about what you said regarding importing several MIDI files at one time.

Since I could only import one at a time - choose 'Import MIDI', select a file, import, then lather, rinse and repeat - that's what I did and never came across an error. I then put all the MIDI files into a folder with the name of the session MIDI files (as you indicated) and put it in to the session folder and tried it all again. Same thing - no errors.

At that point I thought maybe you were somehow creating a multitrack standard MIDI file and importing that, so I dropped several MIDI files into Logic and exported them as a type 1 MIDI file and imported that into Pro Tools - again, no errors. This is what I mean by a MIDI file with multiple regions - several short MIDI files on the same track and/or multiple MIDI files across multiple tracks, or any combination of the two.

So - I want to be sure the method I'm using is the same as yours. Choose 'Import MIDI' from the MIDI Regions bin, select a MIDI file, import it, then repeat. If that is not the same as what you're doing, please let me know and give the steps so I can try to reproduce this.