Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 05-12-2019, 06:06 AM

Default Artist Mix EuCon 19.5

No probs Akiz.

Kinda frustrating, as whilst I can downgrade, I lose the plug in focus functionality that was added, which for me, makes my Artist Mix sooooo much more useable.

I really bought mine so I could control plugin parameters with the knobs, as AVIDs MIDI control support for plugins is virtually non existent. But, I find navigating through the control surface to get to the plugin parameters very long winded, so when they finally added the new attentioning modes, I was in heaven... until I ran into the same issue as you.

I don’t use an iPad, so I don’t have your dilemma with the PT Control app. Sucks that you can’t install specific version of apps in iOS. There may be a way, but I’m sure it will be tedious.

Hopefully AVID can sort this Eucon release issue ASAP. Clearly with a few of us experiencing it already, it’s definitely a repeatable bug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-12-2019, 06:47 AM
Avid

Default Re: Artist Mix EuCon 19.5

Sorry for these OLED drawing issues. We had massive trouble getting this to work correctly due to changes Apple made in Mojave. We thought we had cracked it (and so did the betas). We'll get on it first thing Monday and see what's going on. It's sounding like we will do a quick dot release to fix a couple of these annoying bugs.
Old 05-12-2019, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Sorry for these OLED drawing issues. We had massive trouble getting this to work correctly due to changes Apple made in Mojave. We thought we had cracked it (and so did the betas). We'll get on it first thing Monday and see what's going on. It's sounding like we will do a quick dot release to fix a couple of these annoying bugs.

FYI - I’m on Sierra.

Old 05-12-2019, 07:45 AM
Avid

Sadly that could be the problem, all the changes made because of Mojave may have broken previous OS's.

Can I check the other Posters what OSX version you are on?
Old 05-12-2019, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Sadly that could be the problem, all the changes made because of Mojave may have broken previous OS's.

Can I check the other Posters what OSX version you are on?
Hi Ed,

Thanks for chime in! Very assuring that you can fix that issue with a dot release.
I am under Mojave 10.14.4. I volunteer to test it on my system before release, if needed, since i am affected by this.

Cheers!
Old 05-12-2019, 11:31 AM

The issues with Eucon 19.5 keep adding to the pile....

Working on a mix and the new attention method, that doesn't works as expected because it works partially only with some plugins,
caused a -9173 error, followed by a weird CPU behaviour, which i screen captured for proof. The CPU
throttled...at 100%, got red.

Check the video capture to see exactly the CPU indicator behaviour.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dcgihz3xdt...51.03.mov?dl=0

Then while hitting play, the -9173 error kept coming again and again.

I decided to change the buffer setting, in case that will force ProTools audio engine to unblock the CPU throttle shown above.....then my cursor converted to the infamous beachball and i had to force quit PT.

Bellow i will post which plugins worked (the OLED screen displays the function/knobs) with the attention method in Eucon 19.5 and which didn't (OLED screen displayed nothing).

Worked*: Fabfilter (All), Sonnox (All), Plugin Alliance (All), Softube (All), Slate Digital (Verbsuite Classics), Valhalla DSP (All), Empirical Labs (Arousor), Boz Digital Labs (All), Eventide (All), Exponential Audio(R2), Lexicon (PCM Reverb & FX), Liquidsonics (Lustrous Plates), PSP Audioware (E27,Twin-L,Old Timer) Audio Thing (Outer Space), AudioEase (Altiverb7), JST (Transify,Soar), Nembrini Audio (LoFi), Noiseash (RuleTec), Output (Movement), U-he (Uhbik all), Plug & Mix (All).

Not Working*: Waves (not a single one) OverLoud (most), Kush Audio, Slate Digital (VMR), Cytomic(The Glue), Slate/D16 (Repeater), Eiosis (All), Sonible (Smart:Eq2), PSP Audioware (PSP2245), Klanghelm (MJUC), Native Instruments FX (None),Nembrini Audio (PSA1000).

*(I checked only the plugins used on that specific session and some random ones, not all my plugin list).

If someone else has any additional input on that issue, that confirms the faulty behaviour, would be nice to post. More info will help Ed and his team to fix it, fingers crossed!

Cheers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenRecording20190512at1.jpg (41.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2019-05-12 at 19.51.50.jpg (44.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-12-2019, 12:47 PM
Avid

Never seen this, can I confirm that everything is fine, then you click on a plugin and just the click causes the CPU load to go over ?

On the plugins that don't attention can you try clicking in their top window part where the auto and bypass is ?
Old 05-12-2019, 01:11 PM

So I had the OLED issues on Sierra.

After a day in the studio today I was planning to update to Mojave - so I'll see if the issue goes away.

Thanks for getting involved Eddie - I think it's so reassuring to see the project manager personally involved in the forum!
Old 05-12-2019, 01:18 PM

Default Artist Mix EuCon 19.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavoni View Post
So I had the OLED issues on Sierra.

After a day in the studio today I was planning to update to Mojave - so I'll see if the issue goes away.

Thanks for getting involved Eddie - I think it's so reassuring to see the project manager personally involved in the forum!

Akiz is on Mojave, so I wouldn’t suggest updating seeing as they are getting the error.

Also, they mention Arousor as one of the plugins that didn’t suffer from this OLED issue, where as you can see in my videos that the same plugin is causing lots of random issues for me.

IOW - these issues seem very random.

Old 05-12-2019, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Never seen this, can I confirm that everything is fine, then you click on a plugin and just the click causes the CPU load to go over ?

On the plugins that don't attention can you try clicking in their top window part where the auto and bypass is ?
I'll try to elaborate a bit more...
Yes, everything starts fine, meaning that session loads and plays fine, Artist Mix and PT Control, reflect the faders as they are in mix window.
Then i click on a plugin insert (Empirical Labs Arousor, for example) and the GUI opens up on screen, Artist Mix shows the functions on the OLED display.

Then i click on a different insert, let's say on a Waves plugin, Artist Mix OLED displays nothing, just dots. If i continue clicking on inserts to recall plugin GUI's, after a while Artist Mix get confused, can't refresh fast enough the display and some parameters from the previous clicked plugin stay put, while some others are shown from the current clicked plugin GUI. (Hope it makes sense).
During that, the -9173 error occurred with the CPU indicator behaving like that:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dcgihz3xdt...51.03.mov?dl=0

I need to setup a camera to capture the surface and do a screen flow capture at the same time to demonstrate what it happens. It's easier to see it than imagine it from a description.
I have a busy Monday tomorrow, if i can do it before sleep, i'll set it up and post a reply with the footage.

Cheers!