Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 05-11-2019, 06:33 AM

Default Re: Artist Mix EuCon 19.5

So there was a firmware update as well as a Eucon update?

Those of you experiencing issues, did you update the firmware?

I didn’t, and like I mentioned above, am not seeing the first issue mentioned. I tried again today and paging through parameters works just as fast as it did prior to the Eucon update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-11-2019, 06:45 AM

I did upgrade to the latest firmware (for both mix and transport).
Old 05-11-2019, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
So there was a firmware update as well as a Eucon update?

Those of you experiencing issues, did you update the firmware?

I didn’t, and like I mentioned above, am not seeing the first issue mentioned. I tried again today and paging through parameters works just as fast as it did prior to the Eucon update.

Yes i mention it on my initial post. I updated the firmware. So since we run the same Eucon 19.5 version, but our surfaces have different firmwares, each of us experience different behaviour. We get somewhere here...
Is there a way to downgrade the firmware to make it again usable till there is a solution for that issue, i wonder?

Cheers!
Old 05-11-2019, 09:02 AM

Yes, that’s why I brought it up. That could be the issue.

If I get a sec tomorrow, I’ll try your second issue and see if I have the same problem you’re having. Might help narrow down if it is firmware related.

As to downgrading firmware - there are usually ways to do it, but not as simple as as a software downgrade on a computer. I’d reach out to someone at AVID and see if they can help in that department.

Old 05-11-2019, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiz View Post
Is there a way to downgrade the firmware to make it again usable till there is a solution for that issue, i wonder?

Cheers!
Yes... Just reinstall a previous version of EuControl, and then downgrade to the firmware version embedded within that version of EuControl.

You may have to do a forced update, which if I remember correctly, just requires you to on your computer keyboard, hold Command + Shift (Mac), or Alt + Shift (Win) and click "Update Firmware".

An update firmware window will appear, click "Update Firmware" again. Do not power off your surface until the process is complete!

Reinstall the current version of EuControl.

You must also realize running a version of EuControl with a different Firmware, may have unintended results... just sayin'

That said... I did just that for years! I liked a particular EuControl / Firmware combination that gave me the best of both worlds. YMMV

Al

Last edited by MoPro; 05-11-2019 at 09:53 AM.
Old 05-11-2019, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Yes, that’s why I brought it up. That could be the issue.

If I get a sec tomorrow, I’ll try your second issue and see if I have the same problem you’re having. Might help narrow down if it is firmware related.

Thanks for your input! Appreciated!
Old 05-11-2019, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoPro View Post
Yes... Just reinstall a previous version of EuControl, and then downgrade to the firmware version embedded within that version of EuControl.

You may have to do a forced update, which if I remember correctly, just requires you to on your computer keyboard, hold Command + Shift (Mac), or Alt + Shift (Win) and click "Update Firmware".

An update firmware window will appear, click "Update Firmware" again. Do not power off your surface until the process is complete!

Reinstall the current version of EuControl.

You must also realize running a version of EuControl with a different Firmware, may have unintended results... just sayin'

That said... I did just that for years! I liked a particular EuControl / Firmware combination that gave me the best of both worlds. YMMV

Al

Great reply MoPro, thanks for the info! Will try it, since there is no reply from Ed or someone else from Avid about the matter so far....
I want to make the surface usable again.

Cheers!
Old 05-11-2019, 10:48 PM

OK. I take back everything I said so far in this thread. Mine is totally borked too.

It's not so much a lag, but rather it's not banking through the pages of parameters as it should. When it does, sometimes if I page back, the first eight parameters aren't there. Some are, some aren't. Sometimes it keeps some of the parameters from the prior page and adds some from the former. Sometimes it leave gaping holes in the eight parameters. It seems totally random.

I just watched the video linked in the first post and it's similar in that sometimes pages won't move, but when they do, it sometimes gets all messed up. Very bizarre.

When I first tested it, it seemed fine. Admittedly, it was a brief test to see if the plugin focus worked... which it did.

So yeah, I can confirm the same issue and my firmware has not been updated, so we can rule that out I guess.

I might shoot a video too of what mine is doing.
Old 05-11-2019, 11:38 PM

Here's a couple of videos showing the issues mentioned above.

The plugin I'm using to demonstrate the issue is Arousor by Empirical Labs. It happens with others as well, so it's not isolated to this particular plugin.

For those that aren't familiar with this plugin, the parameters are spread across all 8 knobs on 2 pages. You can clearly see in the video how this is not working as it should.

https://app.box.com/s/mx1o4y4ap9wesl8z1ys7yyp4hre174ek

https://app.box.com/s/9v9038t9eebrfocqif8hwy3u0bien6u0

Last edited by Sardi; 05-11-2019 at 11:50 PM.
Old 05-12-2019, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Here's a couple of videos showing the issues mentioned above.

The plugin I'm using to demonstrate the issue is Arousor by Empirical Labs. It happens with others as well, so it's not isolated to this particular plugin.

For those that aren't familiar with this plugin, the parameters are spread across all 8 knobs on 2 pages. You can clearly see in the video how this is not working as it should.

https://app.box.com/s/mx1o4y4ap9wesl8z1ys7yyp4hre174ek

https://app.box.com/s/9v9038t9eebrfocqif8hwy3u0bien6u0
Thank you Sardi, for sharing your experience and provided footage demonstrating the issue.
It is the same as mine, featured in the video i have posted. The only solution thus far, is to revert back to Eucon 18.3 without the need, to downgrade the firmware since it looks like it is irrelevant from our findings. I did it, but the problem now is that PT Control doesn't work with the 18.3 since i updated to the latest version...I don't think i can revert to previous version from the App Store...
Without PT Control you can't use the VCA spill feature (please correct me if i am wrong), which is a must if you have a surface for mixing.
Always something gets broken.....It just gets very annoying dealing with Avid these days...What a drag......

Cheers!