How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2019, 01:43 PM

Default Import Session Data or OMF Import creating regions of white noise

Hi there,

I have been using Pro Tools since version 6 and have never encountered this problem before.

Over the past few weeks I have had two different sessions and two different methods of session data import cause the same problem, that being regions being imported as full scale white noise.

Firstly, I had it with an OMF. I got a new version of the file and still the same issues. Was never able to fix it and had to do a major work around.

Then this weekend I build a show (audio only) from various sessions that I have edited over the week. Nothing complicated, an interview and VO and some clips.

After everything is edited in three or four files I bring them in using Import Session Data and line them up and mix. Never ever had a problem with this, 65 episodes...

What I got, again, from one session only, was full scale white noise. I checked back to the original session file, which opened fine.
So, I did a Save Copy In and rebuilt the session file. Same issue. In the end I had to import the raw audio into my main session and re-edit it.

Any ideas? I am totally at a loss. Everything else is totally fine and not having any issues.

I should add I am using a Mac Mini, Pro Tools 2019.6, everything up to date and High Sierra.

Thanks,
Rob

Last edited by Rob S; 09-23-2019 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Adding information