Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 12-27-2013, 12:04 PM

Default Pro Tools LE (win) Crossgrade to PT 11 (Mac)

I'm looking to crossgrade from Pro Tools 8 LE on a windows system to Pro Tools 11 which will be mainly used on a MacBook Pro 13 in. with 4gb of ram because it's a bit quicker, and newer. I know I need to purchase the newer version of the ilok for PT 11, but how do get the crossgrade since I am using two different computers. Should I install PT 8 LE on the ilok? Any help would be very much appreciated.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:15 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools LE (win) Crossgrade to PT 11 (Mac)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteselMusic View Post
I'm looking to crossgrade from Pro Tools 8 LE on a windows system to Pro Tools 11 which will be mainly used on a MacBook Pro 13 in. with 4gb of ram because it's a bit quicker, and newer. I know I need to purchase the newer version of the ilok for PT 11, but how do get the crossgrade since I am using two different computers. Should I install PT 8 LE on the ilok? Any help would be very much appreciated.
It makes no difference. Avid does not care what platform you rin on, wether Mac or PC, as long as your iLok 2 with a license on it is plugged into that computer. Just buy the crossgrade from Avid or a dealer. You get access to both binaries in your account on Avid.com and can install both on as many Macs or PCs as you want.

Just follow the install instructions. You don't install Pro Tools on an iLok, it just contains an encrypted license key. Pro Tools 8 LE did not use an iLok but Avid will need your LE interface serial number to authorize the upgrade. Again just follow the exact instructions Avid will provide for the upgrade and install.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:01 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools LE (win) Crossgrade to PT 11 (Mac)

And you don't need to first install LE or any previous version. And if it is already installed, you should uninstall it.