Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 12-07-2011, 06:20 PM

Default activation code problem

I recently bought a m box2 use to work with pro tools le 8.. i installed it and then ask me for the activation code since is used i cant us the code that it brings, in the disc case.. what should i do?
Old 12-08-2011, 12:29 PM

Default Re: activation code problem

The code (assuming it starts with "DIGI08...........") should work fine and can be used to install the software on any number of computers(PT 8 will only run on the computer with the Mbox attached).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 12-08-2011, 04:37 PM

Thanks for the response, yes it starts with DIGI08 but it wont work and the mbox is connected when i type in the number.. should i contact avid?
Old 12-08-2011, 05:45 PM

Double check that you are entering it correctly. It is case sensitive. Include the spaces. All "0's" are the number zero, not a letter "O".
Old 01-10-2012, 11:36 AM

I am having the exact same problem. I currently have PTMP 8.0.3 installed on my 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Mac OS 10.6.8 MacBook Pro. I've typed the code that came with my PTLE 8 correctly on avid's site, but it won't let me download the installer. I need to download the installer for LE 8.0.3 specifically rather than install it from the disk because I would like to run both LE and MP on the same system. Could something else be going on?
Old 05-12-2012, 12:31 PM

Hi,

I just bought a used mbox 2 mini with pro tools LE 8. I was warned when I bought it that the installer didn't work properly, and after trying a couple of times unsuccessfully I went to the avid site to enter the activation code and download the software directly from them. I keep getting an error saying my code is incorrect, but I've triple checked and it's case sensitive with no typos. It is the activation code starting with DIGI0800 and I've read that you can use the same code for multiple computers so I don't see why there would be a problem. Please help get the software installed on my comp!
Old 05-12-2012, 06:59 PM

To TrebleFoot; M-powered uses an iLok instead of a code.
To the others, when purchasing on the used market, things can get dicey(sorry you are learning the hard way). There was a batch of bad disks for PT8, so that could be an issue. If you google search for Pro Tools 8 download, you may find a working link for a free download. Entering the code is easy to foul up due to the mix on numbers, letters and spaces. The firest part, "DIGI08...." is caps for DIGI, then numbers(for the version). After the first space, all the rest of the letters are lower case. When buying used, if the seller is the registered owner, they can do a transfer of ownership form, so the buyer can register(and have access to downloads and updates). If the seller doesn't provide the form, or if they never registered, then you are kind of stuck. Options then; buy the software, buy a newer version of software(personally, after using 9, I would never go back to 8). Now running 10HD and I see no solid reason to revert to 9, but each PT version is often tied to specific OS versions, so please do some homework so you don't get more nasty surprises

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave