Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2002, 04:38 PM

Default Re: The Daily Adventures of Mixerman

Quote:
Originally posted by the dude:
HEY Loudizt
NO its Carma lookit up thanks for the spelll cheeck ideada though
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">No it isn't.. you need to look it up. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2002, 04:41 PM

Look it up
I know what im trying to say ***** oops I mean louditz
why am i even wasting my time ???

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
http://www.studio-techservices.com

าำ
studio.tech@yahoo.comm
Mitch Berger Tech Services

We service ALL Avid products no Problem
HD192, 192, Omni, Control Surface, Pre, XMON, 192HD AD & DA / Accel Cards, Everything

ALL NEW HD192 AD -DA modification. the difference is incredible... no need to ship the entire unit , fast turn around

inquiry using link above
Repairs of SSL-Neve- Consoles and Repair ALL Modern & Vintage Gear
Old 08-01-2002, 05:18 PM

Easy fellows... try enhancing your K-A-R-M-A

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 08-01-2002, 08:06 PM

OK, I just checked out the latest installment, and I'm coming to the conclusion that MM's chapter play is fictional, or largely fictional. It's very entertaining stuff, though. He's quite an inventive writer (even though he needs to brush up a bit on how to use the treacherous apostrophe, and look up fancy words like "heretofore" before he throws them in).

If this session was really taking place, and the producer was as big a shot as MM makes him out to be, MM's blow-by-blow documentation of what's going on would be extremely reckless and, dare I say it, unprofessional. Heck, the big hullabaloo he raised over the 192 without doing any double checking was reckless, but what he's currently doing, if true, might be a career ender for him.

I would think that if you're in the upper echelon of a biz like this in a place like LA, and a large number of people supposedly know your true identity, you don't go posting stuff like that in a public forum. Discretion is part of being a pro. Perhaps you might talk about these kinds of things with your wife and maybe a trusted friend or two late at night after a few beers, but a public forum?

If he exists, and this account is accurate, that famous, big-time producer is not going to be amused when he eventually reads MM's accounts portraying him as a buffoon. In MM's high-test world, I would think that might be a "you'll never work in this town again" offense. Just as MM is concerned about keeping his identity somewhat of a mystery, important producers don't want their confidential dealings and project details exposed on websites. This is stuff you talk about decades from now on "Behind the Music."

This has got to be mostly fiction, or perhaps a somewhat fictionalized account of a project that happened long ago. MM is pulling everyone's leg again. Either that, or deep down he really wants out of the recording business (perhaps he feels the technology has passed him by) and he's engaging in risky behavior so that it comes to pass.

Then again...

Is there any remote possibility that the producer is Dave Madden, and that the drummer is Jeremy Gelbwaks? Perhaps they'll have to replace Jeremy with Brian Forster. Brian's feel is so much better. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Lee Blaske
Old 08-01-2002, 10:06 PM

Lee I sure hope you're right about this being at least partly fictional otherwise... ouch!... I would hate to be that drummer if he ever reads this thing. Like you said, maybe better if left off of a public forum. MM, if they gave out grammys for "best karma during a recording session" I don't think you'd be in the running if they read this thread of yours.
Old 08-01-2002, 10:48 PM

Lee,

You're right, MMs story is pure Bull ****, but it makes for great entertainment. Unless his career has hit rock bottom and he's working in some cracked-out project studio in Van Nuys, I doubt anything he writes is true.

Hey MM... I love the name "Willy Show", keep 'em comin'! LOL!
Old 08-01-2002, 11:36 PM

Where does MM find the time to write all that crap if he's so busy working on a big record? Maybe he'll talk about the Digi rep. that ran off with his wife and expose the real reason why he hates Pro Tools so much.
Old 08-01-2002, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by the dude:
Look it up
I know what im trying to say ***** oops I mean louditz
why am i even wasting my time ???
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It isn't a waste of time... look around... two folks here have spelled it correctly.

I may be me an *****, but then again, you have been showing yours...

Heheh, Rail, you instant karmatarin.
Old 08-02-2002, 12:25 AM

I wish I knew which studio he's talking about so I never book time there...

I, for one, enjoy taking comfort in other people's job misery and have read along in wonder as I, too, have worked with another of the world's worst drummers.

Strewth about the poor apostrophies, or should I say "apostrophy's." Why don't people understand possessive nouns?
Old 08-02-2002, 12:45 AM

Default Re: The Daily Adventures of Mixerman *DELETED* *DELETED*

Post deleted by RobMacki
Closed Thread