Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2002, 08:33 PM

Default Re: 2" Transfer into 192--the original timeless classic. Accept no imitations...

Quote:
Originally posted by bombfactory:

Remember: we model other gear. And you can't do things like model the subtleties of the output transformer in an 1176 until you've isolated all the other wackiness from the equation.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">So Erik, when do we see that 888/24 plugin for HD? Or do you think you'll bring out that retro Blackface ADAT plugin first?

Lynn Fuston
3D Audio
Old 07-08-2002, 09:09 PM

Default Re: 2" Transfer into 192--the original timeless classic. Accept no imitations...

bombfactory...

all your questions (or most of them) had already been addressed in previous threads on this very forum as well as on PSW.

Here is one to get you started...
Chapter 1
Old 07-09-2002, 12:50 AM

Loudass and others...

Can we try to stay on topic here? Hello! Perhaps you guys want to take your petty gripes to another forum...(start with PSW, since it's SO slow over there). This topic is all about trying to get Mixerman to come correct and substantiate his earlier "findings" that HD is down 6db @ 5ohz. Come into the light, Mixerman, and let's see what you got...
Old 07-09-2002, 02:22 AM

No, this is not your personal slam thread...

You are small minded and childish.

"Perhaps you guys want to take your petty gripes to another forum..."

Yes, why don't you?
Old 07-09-2002, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bombfactory:

Any audio discussion quickly becomes bogged down in audiophile-speak. It's the "get out of jail free" card of audio debate.

--Erik
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">LOL! I'll have to remember that one.

RP
Old 07-09-2002, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by loudist:
No, this is not your personal slam thread...

You are small minded and childish.

"Perhaps you guys want to take your petty gripes to another forum..."

Yes, why don't you?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ah, there you go, off-topic again. Stay focused!
Old 07-09-2002, 09:39 AM

My posts have been related to the topic, where as yours are your own little p i s s y fest, again no, what you are selling as the topic is not what the rest here are discussing.
Why don't you take your own advice and start your own little petty pot shot thread, unless you have something constructive to add.

Let the idiotic migrate, with the Petty Pied Piper.
Old 07-09-2002, 09:45 AM

Originally posted by Lynn Fuston:
> So Erik, when do we see that 888/24 plugin for HD?

> Or do you think you'll bring out that retro Blackface ADAT plugin first?

If and when we run out of good-sounding gear to model, we'll move on to the crap.

--Erik
Old 07-09-2002, 09:53 AM

I'm setting some cash aside for the Mackie console emulator.
Old 07-09-2002, 09:59 AM

I will conduct a test 7-9-02 tonight! I will do frequency sweeps thoughout the audio spectrum. I will calibrate and run the test to determine IF there is a problem with the 192 i/o. Specifically 6db down at 60hz. Since this will be easy to determine, I am going to make this test as simple as possible. I am not using an Audio Precision but will be using a test CD that was made using an Audio Precision.

This test will NOT determine if a Studer A800 sounds different than a 192. Of course they would sound different UNLESS you calibrate the two devices properly. Properly, means using an Audio Precision.

One last statement of FACT. If you put a test tone at 1k through ANY device that is properly calibrated, the tone SHOULD sound identical. The only way it COULD sound different (loudist) is if there is distortion, gain, or frequency imbalance. This is a FACT and I am not interested in debating the audio signatures of Neve, Studer, tubes, discrete, transformers, et al. You guys can argue that 'til your teeth fall out.

Please DO NOT try to defend what you heard at 1k. You did hear a differnce!!!! The devices where not calibrated and set up to make an objective test. That is the difference. The problem with six pages of this nonsense, is the mixing of subjective and objective perseption.
I promise the results will be fewer words than this post.

Steve