Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9

Old 02-26-2011, 09:29 AM

Default Re: 003 only as controller - AVID please comment

i've been planning on replacing my 002 with an mbox and a euphonix but i keep reading so many negative things about the euphonix controllers.
i'm gonna have to rethink my purchase.

if only there were an 004 coming...is it still possible?
marco
Old 04-04-2011, 11:32 AM

Bump again.
Avid,
any updates on a firmware update that will allow the 002 / 003 to be used in combination with another interface as a control surface only? Feasibility? Probability?

Please....
Thanks
Old 04-04-2011, 03:59 PM

Dito

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 04-05-2011, 12:58 AM

I would be into this as well; c'mon avid.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:48 AM

Double ditto, and its possible by the way. Youll probably here its not or this or that due to technical reasons. its all b.s. sent down form on high at avid.

Im going to wait a couple more months and see. In the mean time Im having this 15y.o. kid coder i now look at it and just right a custom driver. Wow this guys a genius of some sort. Let everyone know how it turns out.

And for the whinners, its not altering the avid drivers or kext . its complete from scratch.

Like custom ignition curves in cars.
BLA AGB,Autuer,Lucid,
MicroCLock, Pultec, UA, Sebatron, Focusrite, Trident,API, A-Designs, Purple Audio
Old 04-05-2011, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Buying Native + OMNI + Controller at once is too much $$$ for me, I'd be happy to get Native + OMNI and use my 003 as a controller for now, I'd buy a nice AVID controller later.
BUT as I can't use my 003 (nor 002) as a controller I DON'T buy neither Native nor OMNI.
This is a BAD policy on AVID side, isn't it?

+1 I like the 003 faders, this is a great box!
Old 04-05-2011, 06:30 AM

Man just sell the 003 and purchase a command 8.. same console and you could probably get some money towards your rig..
Old 04-05-2011, 06:34 AM

Hey,

I have HD on my iLok that i run at studios & i have a 003 at home, i love the controller and it works perfectly with PT HD9, but I also would love to be able to get a separate i/o interface and keep the 003 as a controller or even aggregate the 003 & another interface whilst retaining the 003 controller functionality, that would be heaven.

" cdavis6406 " please keep us informed on the driver situation, maybe your friend could sell it to Avid ??

Avid if you're reading this, plenty of users would benefit from this functionality & it would ring well with the new openness of Avid products.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:53 AM

What would ring well is if they had done it to begin with instead of somehow thinking that aggregating 002's and 00's would cut into the HD sales. DumbA&&'s. Look when the bottom line is sales, everything is hammstrung for the customer.

Question for anyone reading this

If you could aggregate say 3 BLA modded 002's or 003's for 12 pres and 12 line inputs, would it prevent you from buying a HDN rig if you where considering it?

I thought not.

Im with a couple of you. Id buy 2 HDN/HDI/O's right now except then I have to buy a controller to replace mine. Same ole crap. Buy this and that and get HD, "amost" native, "OH, you wanted to be able to controll it through a console? Well, then the one you have wont work, well it will, but then if we make it work, You wouldnt have to purchase a new chinese plastic ethernet based controller from euphonx, which we own buy the way,we know the old one will work but to cause a loss of sales due to the continued support of a product is a cardinal sin the violation of the first comandment of profiteering.

Besides with thunderbolt and things like rednet, despite what anyone says here avid will follow suite I GUARANTEE IT. Those focusrite boys are ahead of the curve. Oh yea at 10gb @ sec thunderbolt and a gig with rednet, PCIE is a relic (AS FAR AS SPEED AND FLEXIBILITY).

Apogee Symp has announced thunerbolt is coming.
You dont think thats incentive enough.

And I bet the first SMUX/Thunderbolt adapter that comes down the pipe, a bunch of AVid Hardware folks will jump ship.

Imagine how many smux you could run with a band width of 10gb/s, Aurora's every where with multimode fiber tranceivers with 1000ft max distance come on.
BLA AGB,Autuer,Lucid,
MicroCLock, Pultec, UA, Sebatron, Focusrite, Trident,API, A-Designs, Purple Audio
Old 04-05-2011, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alxt View Post
Bump again.
Avid,
any updates on a firmware update that will allow the 002 / 003 to be used in combination with another interface as a control surface only? Feasibility? Probability?

Please....
Thanks
Avid is a public company - they can't talk about future or possible future releases because of a law that was passed about 10 years ago after a little event called enron. No public company talks about future products until the specific quarter they are sure they will release it.

So all we as users can do is speculate and I'd speculate that they will NOT be making the 002 or 003 standalone control surfaces seeing they purchased euphonix and their line of ..... Standalone control surfaces.