Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 04-07-2005, 08:27 PM

Default Re: Allen Hallada (Its time we all acknowledge him

For He's a jolly good fellow, for he's a jolly good fellow
Many Blessings for all your hard work Allen!!!

Chad
Old 04-07-2005, 11:33 PM

THANK YOU ALLEN!!
THANK YOU ALLEN!!
THANK YOU ALLEN!!
Old 04-08-2005, 01:37 AM

Default Re: Allen Hallada (Its time we all acknowledge him)

Quote:
Quote:
I know that Allen has not done this for the money, but I would gladly contribute a consulting fee for all of the time and pain his posts have saved me. If Digi refuses to acknowledge (or compensate) Allen for all of his contributions then maybe we should do it ourselves. In the end we have all received expert advice without paying for it.

Let me know where to send my check.

Scott
What a great idea. I think all of us PT Windows users should send a buck or two (or whatever) to Allen if they feel he's done them a great service. Think of it as a tip for a great job. Heck, it may even help his expenses so he can keep on testing.

Allen, if you can get over the humbleness, setup a PayPal donation button and I'll throw in. Rail and Chris too. If you guys set it up, I'll pitch in.

rockrev
Okay now maybe i am not personally attached to this whole thing, but from my perspective, don't you think we should also pay the people who Serve this forum? Doesn't it actually cost Digidesign more time and money to build/obtain these servers in which we are posting on? They have been working rock solid for years now. Are we seriously suggesting to pay someone for the use of the forum? What if Digidesign made us pay for the use this forum? How would we feel about that?

I think that Allen Hallada guy is really great, but the only reason why I and pretty much all forum users log onto a forum is because "it's easy fast and it's free! Sign up now!"

FREE is the key word. If we donate all the money to the users then the people serving the forum will never be there.

It is great that this "Allen Hallada" and many others have taken advantage of the use of a FREE forum in which someone has provided for you (with FREE SUPPORT and FREE UPGRADES) and helped many many people with it, but dont you guys think it's a little over the top? I think the whole reason why Allen Hallada's posts are so interesting is because it's written by another "user" not someone who works for Digidesign. Hence the name "Digidesign User Conference." If he got paid it would be like he worked for Digidesign.

And that sort of brings up another issue of the whole point of this forum being so that people can engage and hear the opinions of other everyday normal "users." The paid expert opinions should be Digidesign, not some forum users, dont you agree? I mean after all, they did well, MAKE the device you are having trouble with.

And as for computer advice, you can also pay a professional computer consultant or technical worker that is certified and much further experienced than someone you know at the "Digidesign User Conference Forum." They even offer specialized DAW consulting and will even build the computer for you, with great online, phone and on site support.

And if you're looking for free DAW or computer advice, there are alos other forums with more free information and also free email support from 99.999 percent of all hardware and software companies, including Microsoft.

I sympathize deeply on the lame experience of dealing with a crappy phone suppot person, but it's not human torture to be put on hold on the phone. You can do it i know you can.

So three Cheers for Allen Hallada!
But also, 3 Cheers for the people make this forum possiblle with their server! (not mentioning any names)
Also, 3 cheers for the computer companies who manufacture our parts to use!
And the stores who work hard to stock and sell them to us!
And the web guys who have to create the pages for us to surf on!
and so on!

Allen we love you, i dont even know you and i know this.
Old 04-08-2005, 05:54 AM

Allen,

your head (ok dont get funny now) must be as large as a watermelon with the accomodation you have recieved.. and, you probably deserve it. Well done. btw: Your absolutely right about the MAC thing. In California they dont know what a pc is.
Old 04-08-2005, 05:11 PM

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Quote:
I know that Allen has not done this for the money, but I would gladly contribute a consulting fee for all of the time and pain his posts have saved me. If Digi refuses to acknowledge (or compensate) Allen for all of his contributions then maybe we should do it ourselves. In the end we have all received expert advice without paying for it.

Let me know where to send my check.

Scott
What a great idea. I think all of us PT Windows users should send a buck or two (or whatever) to Allen if they feel he's done them a great service. Think of it as a tip for a great job. Heck, it may even help his expenses so he can keep on testing.

Allen, if you can get over the humbleness, setup a PayPal donation button and I'll throw in. Rail and Chris too. If you guys set it up, I'll pitch in.

rockrev
Okay now maybe i am not personally attached to this whole thing, but from my perspective, don't you think we should also pay the people who Serve this forum? Doesn't it actually cost Digidesign more time and money to build/obtain these servers in which we are posting on? They have been working rock solid for years now. Are we seriously suggesting to pay someone for the use of the forum? What if Digidesign made us pay for the use this forum? How would we feel about that?

I think that Allen Hallada guy is really great, but the only reason why I and pretty much all forum users log onto a forum is because "it's easy fast and it's free! Sign up now!"

FREE is the key word. If we donate all the money to the users then the people serving the forum will never be there.

It is great that this "Allen Hallada" and many others have taken advantage of the use of a FREE forum in which someone has provided for you (with FREE SUPPORT and FREE UPGRADES) and helped many many people with it, but dont you guys think it's a little over the top? I think the whole reason why Allen Hallada's posts are so interesting is because it's written by another "user" not someone who works for Digidesign. Hence the name "Digidesign User Conference." If he got paid it would be like he worked for Digidesign.

And that sort of brings up another issue of the whole point of this forum being so that people can engage and hear the opinions of other everyday normal "users." The paid expert opinions should be Digidesign, not some forum users, dont you agree? I mean after all, they did well, MAKE the device you are having trouble with.

And as for computer advice, you can also pay a professional computer consultant or technical worker that is certified and much further experienced than someone you know at the "Digidesign User Conference Forum." They even offer specialized DAW consulting and will even build the computer for you, with great online, phone and on site support.

And if you're looking for free DAW or computer advice, there are alos other forums with more free information and also free email support from 99.999 percent of all hardware and software companies, including Microsoft.

I sympathize deeply on the lame experience of dealing with a crappy phone suppot person, but it's not human torture to be put on hold on the phone. You can do it i know you can.

So three Cheers for Allen Hallada!
But also, 3 Cheers for the people make this forum possiblle with their server! (not mentioning any names)
Also, 3 cheers for the computer companies who manufacture our parts to use!
And the stores who work hard to stock and sell them to us!
And the web guys who have to create the pages for us to surf on!
and so on!

Allen we love you, i dont even know you and i know this. [/quote

Shhhhhhh....

Hear that?

Some where in the World, or perhaps throughout the World, I can hear a collective chanting: "Sit on it Potsy"

.........Buzzkill.
www.readyacoustics.com
Old 04-08-2005, 05:54 PM

thanks Joe.

way to kill my buzz. He said Microsoft....ha ha ha
Windows 10 Pro 1909
ASUS X-99 II
Intel i7
32GB RAM
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
www.doylemusic.com
Old 04-08-2005, 10:24 PM

......and a chant could be heard for miles across the land of Rome from the great Coliseum.............
Maximus
Maximus
Maximus
Maximus

LOL

Allen
Old 04-08-2005, 10:37 PM

Did I read A post from Pee Wee Herman?
Or was that just one of Dr. Allenstien's pet CATZ.

HERE TWEETY!!!!! HERE TWEETY!!!!

Yoda
The force is very dark in that one!

Old 04-08-2005, 11:43 PM

I am personally attached to this whole thing, so from my perspective, I would like to return something to Allen for his FREE advice that he took his time to donate to the group. Allen paid it forward.

If you have a soul you understand when you owe something back, if not you just take everything for free.

I'm going to assume that "buzz kill" has not built the machine, in that case he wouldn’t understand.

I have no problems with Digi. Their service and product has been great for me. That’s not the point.

Maybe I have a different perspective but when someone does something for me I see that as an act of kindness and I will return it somehow.

I’m sending a “contribution” to Allen. If I had paid for the knowledge that I gained from Allen it would have cost much more.

Scott
Old 04-09-2005, 12:12 PM

Allen

Thanks for your thread(s)

The "best Desktops..." is a continuing source of info, always on my favourites and avidly read and will (hopefully in the next 2 months) bear fruit of a new machine for me to Knock the Socks off my current Intel box.

The beers are on me next time you hit London

Tim