Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2008, 12:54 PM

Default Boot Camp - Dual Boot, Dual Versions of PT LE?

I have a new iMac with Leopard on it. I have been running PT LE 7.3 on a 12" ibook with Tiger. I am running Boot Camp on the iMac and setting up XP. Although I want to get PT LE 8 eventually, buying the iMac means delaying the upgrade to PT 8.

For the time being, would it be possible to install PT LE 7.3 on the Windows partition and then once I can afford it, install PT LE 8 on the Mac Leopard partition? Since they are completely separate partitions, I am thinking this will work........

Thanks,
bilco
Old 12-19-2008, 02:18 PM
Avid

Default Re: Boot Camp - Dual Boot, Dual Versions of PT LE?

Pro Tools is not qualified to work on a Boot Camp Windows OS. There are mixed reports, but mostly there are problems. Please don't expect Pro Tools to work properly under Boot Camp.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:29 PM

Okay, I'll just hold off until I can afford the PT LE 8 download and I'll load it on the OS X partition.

Thanks for responding,
bilco
Old 12-20-2008, 02:05 PM

Was wondering if anyone has any positive feedback on PT8 with Bootcamp/Parallels or Fusion? Realize its not officially supported but with 7.4 there was alot of positive feedback even though unsupported.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:12 PM

I've been running both PTLE 7.4 and PTLE 8 successfully on a Mac Pro desktop with 2X dual cores under bootcamp. The bootcamp OS is Vista Home Premium. I've been able to record using the 003R without any problems. I have to use the rear firewire port to connect the 003R.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:37 AM

I´m trying this now.
We are two buddies running a studio together, and my friend is finally going to Learn PT. But he wants to keep all his windows plug-ins and also he doesn`t want to learn OSX at the same time.

So I´m using the Rear firewire port on my Mac pro 4x3.0ghz with 5 gb ram. NOmater what buffer size I´m using I`m getting buffer errors and PT is asking me to not use anything else on the firewire bus. But I`m not using anything. SO wtf? ANybody have any ideas?
MacBook Pro i7/Apogee One/Duet/ElevenR/Pro Tools 12
Preamps from UA, Mackie and Avid.
Listening through Dynaudio, Genelec and ADAM
Old 03-17-2009, 04:15 AM

Good news folks.
More people should test this to see if I`m way off.

When using Digidesign LE-line soundcards in Windows XP on Bootcamp, I f`ve found now that if I disable the wireless internet connection on the Mac pro, everything works perfectly. But as soon as I enable wireless internet, there are pops, clicks and interrupts. I`ve also found that is happens when using other DAW`s in Boot Camp running windows xp.
SO far this has been tested with SONAR 7 and ProTOols 7LE and 8 LE.
Disabling the wireless adapter is easy, and now I`m set up with a shortcut on the quickstart menu in XP.

Finally I can use all the sonar windows only VI plug-ins that I got with Sonar 7, in Pro Tools :)

It would be great if others who where trying this could test my way and see if it helps them.
MacBook Pro i7/Apogee One/Duet/ElevenR/Pro Tools 12
Preamps from UA, Mackie and Avid.
Listening through Dynaudio, Genelec and ADAM