Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2023, 03:54 AM

Default Imported audio - DYN (Dark Blue) - on an empty session?

After searching this forum I found a topic similar to my question, but it had no real answer, so I thought I'd create a new post as my issue is a little different.

I'm running Pro Tools Studio on a 202 M1 MacBook Pro. In a new blank session, when I drag audio onto a new track (either from a workspace browser or from something like Loopcloud), it plays back instantly. I'm using the Dynamic Transport to loop a 4 bar region and everything works perfectly.

My wife is running Pro Tools Artist on a 2020 M1 MacBook Air, however in her blank session, when she drags in audio the DYN button is dark blue and nothing plays until Pro Tools is stopped and restarted. Then the DYN button returns to normal. Why is this? Again, she has the Dynamic Transport selected and has a 4 bar region looped.

We both seem to have the same settings yet hers doesn't work like mine. Is it different for Pro Tools Artist users? Any help you can give would be most welcome! Thanks in advance.
Old 10-07-2023, 05:00 AM

Default Re: Imported audio - DYN (Dark Blue) - on an empty session?

There are a few settings that need to be in place (scattered in menus etc) for this to work. I don't think there's a limitation for PT Artist.

Check against this short Avid video...

https://www.avid.com/avid/data/Video...hoCAFUQAvD_BwE
Old 10-07-2023, 05:45 AM

Default Re: Imported audio - DYN (Dark Blue) - on an empty session?

Thanks for the reply, but it's not the Dynamic Transport that I'm having an issue with. It's the fact that on my system, audio plays back upon being dropped into the session WITHOUT having to press stop and start again to hear it and the DYN button DOESN'T turn dark blue.

In my wife's session, audio doesn't play back without stopping and starting Pro Tools. upon dropping audio into a session (for her) the DYN button turns blue and the clip won't play. Once you stop playback and start it again, the imported audio plays and the DYN button is no longer dark blue.