Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2015, 06:44 PM

Default 11R gets stuck on the boot screen.

Hello Guys

I know there is plenty of these threads here but maybe we could get to the bottom of this and revive some of the garden ornaments back to life.

Firstly i have unplugged everything and done the REV+FX LOOP reset and REV+MOD+FX LOOP reset.

So the issue I'm having is that when i power the eleven up it gets stuck on the boot screen, here is the sequence of the three led's on the pcb.

LED2 this is the one on the left in front of the dsp chip
first green and red dim for 1-2sec then green and red bright(looks amber)

LED1 this is the one on the middle dsp chip
first green and red dim for 1-2sec then green for 3sec and then turns red

LED3 this is on the right side behind the biggest chip
first green and red dim for 1-2sec then flashing green

I wonder what this means?
Also there is two little buttons on the pcb, one close to the middle dsp chip and one close the biggest chip on right what is the function of these?

So i tried to update the firmware but the unit would not connect to my macbook. I found then just by messing around with it that it would connect to the computer if i do the power up reset with REV+FX LOOP also it would give me this message:

A Eleven Rack is connected and has incomplete firmware
installed.
Update is needed. Click update to proceed.

Then i proceed with the update and it says:

The update was successful.

Unit won't still boot or no change what so ever.

Also during the update the middle chips LED1 stays solid green but turns red immediately when update is completed.

Also if i try to run the firmware update again i will just get the same messages, Has anyone the previous 1.0.2 to try if it works.

I have tried couple of different usb cables as well but i don't wanna rule out the possibility of them still being the issue. I will try get another computer to try that maybe the mac is causing these issues.

Regards:Sam
Old 07-31-2015, 07:06 PM

Default Re: 11R gets stuck on the boot screen.

Read this entire thread. Avid ended up replacing my several year out of warranty 11R for the same issues.

Good luck!

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=335021&page=2

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 07-31-2015, 11:19 PM

I guess i could try that but i'm not the original owner of the unit and have no idea how old it is the date code is 032.

I found there is a non avid preferred repair shop in brisbane so these guys might actually be able to repair it rather than just replacing the logic board.
here is a link http://www.totallytechnical.com.au/brands.html
they do specialize on audio gear just like this.

Well I'm gonna give them a call on monday as my iMac gpu needs bga reballing aswell and they offer that service also.

Stay tuned maybe there is still hope for the old 11r or not.
Old 08-02-2015, 03:20 AM

Hi

i have read that thread but I'm not the original owner of the unit and i don't have receipt to tell me when it was purchased. It came with pro tools 8 so it must have been a while ago.

Can anyone tell me what those three led's on pcb should show when you boot up the 11r.

Sam