Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2012, 09:29 PM

Default Special offer of additional plugins with Eleven Rack purchase

I think this must have just been put on the site:

http://www.avid.com/US/specialoffers/Get-Plug-ins-on-Us

Basically, if you buy a new Eleven Rack or Mbox Pro, you get the plugin version of Eleven, plus Reverb One, plus Moogerfooger bundle and Tel-Ray delay.

Combined with the price drop, this is a very cool deal, especially for those who don't already have the plugin version of Eleven.

And Reverb One is a very high quality reverb. The reverb in the Eleven Rack is based on this plugin, only the plugin has way more parameters. This plugin by itself is $299, and that's after the recent price drop on some of the Avid plugins (it used to be $999). So for $699, you get this, plus Eleven Rack, plus the other plugins, along with a Protools license (that you can sell if you don't need).

Seeing that they're promoting this, I think it answers our question of if a new Eleven Rack is coming out anytime soon.

On a side note, I just happened to notice that the B&H price on the Eleven Rack went up from $635 to $689. So Jack/Musicman, you got yours just in time! And I'm guessing when you register your Eleven Rack, you'll get these other plugins as well!
Old 10-26-2012, 03:30 AM

Default Re: Special offer of additional plugins with Eleven Rack purchase

That's pretty cool. So you get these plugins upon registering the 11R?
I've bought mine 2 weeks ago, but haven't registered yet, cause I'm not sure I can get a decent price for the included PT10 I don't need.
But if I register now, I should be eligible for the plugins, if I understand correctly...

Oh, and do you get all 4 by registering the 11R, or is it just eleven and moogerfooger when registering the 11R, and you need to register the included PT10 to get the reverb and tel-ray...
Old 10-26-2012, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
I think this must have just been put on the site:

http://www.avid.com/US/specialoffers/Get-Plug-ins-on-Us

Basically, if you buy a new Eleven Rack or Mbox Pro, you get the plugin version of Eleven, plus Reverb One, plus Moogerfooger bundle and Tel-Ray delay.

Combined with the price drop, this is a very cool deal, especially for those who don't already have the plugin version of Eleven.

And Reverb One is a very high quality reverb. The reverb in the Eleven Rack is based on this plugin, only the plugin has way more parameters. This plugin by itself is $299, and that's after the recent price drop on some of the Avid plugins (it used to be $999). So for $699, you get this, plus Eleven Rack, plus the other plugins, along with a Protools license (that you can sell if you don't need).

Seeing that they're promoting this, I think it answers our question of if a new Eleven Rack is coming out anytime soon.

On a side note, I just happened to notice that the B&H price on the Eleven Rack went up from $635 to $689. So Jack/Musicman, you got yours just in time! And I'm guessing when you register your Eleven Rack, you'll get these other plugins as well!
This is a sweet deal for sure. My 11R is in the shipping pipeline as I type. Departed Newark (was shipped from Brooklyn the day before) yesterday and due here on Monday. Got confirmation on that lower price when I placed the order - I don't think B&H will raise the price on me unexpectedly

I'll let you know what goes on when I do the registration thing. Just hope iLok and Avid's site will get along with Safari.

QAPLA!
Old 10-26-2012, 07:31 AM

Wow, great deal for $699 or $635 from BH.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 10-26-2012, 07:53 AM

@Andi,

If you've purchase the 11R and register it, you will get all 4 plugins.

I'm pretty sure you will just have to register the hardware only. I don't think you would have to also register the software. I could see where they may do it that way, but that would be overly complicated. In other words, making you register the hardware to get 2 plugins, and then the software to get the other 2.

I would expect that the system is automated and that it would just recognize what you're registering.

So if you know you're keeping the 11R, I would at least register the hardware and see what happens. If you get all 4 plugins, then you could safely sell the PT10 software activation code to someone, who can then register it in their name (though they wouldn't get the plugins, and you may want to let them know that).

@Musicman,

When you get yours, maybe you could help us by just registering the 11R hardware first, and see what happens, before registering the software.

And yes, Safari seems to be what works the best with dealing with Ilok accounts on a Mac. That's been the case for the last couple of years. I normally use Google Chrome, but open Safari whenever I do anything in my Ilok account.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
@Andi,

@Musicman,

When you get yours, maybe you could help us by just registering the 11R hardware first, and see what happens, before registering the software.

And yes, Safari seems to be what works the best with dealing with Ilok accounts on a Mac. That's been the case for the last couple of years. I normally use Google Chrome, but open Safari whenever I do anything in my Ilok account.
You mean register the 11R before registering PT, right? I'll see what I can do. It's still on schedule to be delivered on Monday - right about the time Hurricane Sandy is forecast to hit NJ. Depending on how bad it gets power might go out and possibly lose my internet connection (Verizon FIOS) - maybe we'll get lucky and nothing much other than rain. They're talking about 7 inches of rain or so over the storm event.

So don't be surprised/disappointed if I'm not too prompt in getting back on here with results.

QAPLA!
Old 10-29-2012, 10:20 AM

Here's an update:
Got my 11 Rack today Monday Oct.29 FEDEX guy's last delivery of the day due to Hurricane Sandy. Opened the outside shipping box, opened the inner box containing the 11R, took out the 11R, plugged it into an AC outlet and powered it up. Powers up fine, has the ERXP already in, firmware 2.0.1 which I believe is the latest.

Went to do the registration from the included yellow card. Apparently the doing this the 11R and PT register at the same time because Avid's site asked after I entered my info if I was registering the 11R and PT 10. So no apparent separate registration.

Got 3 emails, one of which had activation codes for only two extra plugins - Eleven and the Moogerfooger bundle. Nothing for the TelRay delay and Reverb One plugs. Wonder if that's coming from a separate email or what. A careful perusal of the page that mentions getting four plugins for purchasing an 11R says " Purchase Mbox, Mbox Mini, Mbox Pro, Mbox Pro Artist Bundle, Eleven Rack, Pro Tools 10, or a Pro Tools 10 crossgrade in the online Avid store ". I wonder if because I went third party vendor that might have any implications?

Not going to be doing any phone calling today because of the hurricane.

A sidebar but major important: when I go to check on 'My Products That I Have Not Downloaded' I don't see my PT10. Where should I be looking? Or is this one of those things that may take a few days?

QAPLA!
Old 10-29-2012, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Here's an update:
Got my 11 Rack today Monday Oct.29 FEDEX guy's last delivery of the day due to Hurricane Sandy. Opened the outside shipping box, opened the inner box containing the 11R, took out the 11R, plugged it into an AC outlet and powered it up. Powers up fine, has the ERXP already in, firmware 2.0.1 which I believe is the latest.

Went to do the registration from the included yellow card. Apparently the doing this the 11R and PT register at the same time because Avid's site asked after I entered my info if I was registering the 11R and PT 10. So no apparent separate registration.

Got 3 emails, one of which had activation codes for only two extra plugins - Eleven and the Moogerfooger bundle. Nothing for the TelRay delay and Reverb One plugs. Wonder if that's coming from a separate email or what. A careful perusal of the page that mentions getting four plugins for purchasing an 11R says " Purchase Mbox, Mbox Mini, Mbox Pro, Mbox Pro Artist Bundle, Eleven Rack, Pro Tools 10, or a Pro Tools 10 crossgrade in the online Avid store ". I wonder if because I went third party vendor that might have any implications?

Not going to be doing any phone calling today because of the hurricane.

A sidebar but major important: when I go to check on 'My Products That I Have Not Downloaded' I don't see my PT10. Where should I be looking? Or is this one of those things that may take a few days?
It may take a couple of hours to get the download in your account.

Make sure to look over the emails you received, there may be a download link in there.

If you don't want to wait for the download to be in your account, then just do to the PT10 Demo page, enter your info and you can download PT10 right now, its the same PT10 that you will be able to download, but you might have to apply the latest updates, either way it will auth with the iLok license you have.

I don't know why Avid can't get a better system in place. When registering, it should be an automatic process that drops downloads into your account. Places like IK Multimedia, FXpansion ect.... all have this down perfectly, why can't Avid get it together?

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 10-29-2012, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
It may take a couple of hours to get the download in your account.

Make sure to look over the emails you received, there may be a download link in there.

If you don't want to wait for the download to be in your account, then just do to the PT10 Demo page, enter your info and you can download PT10 right now, its the same PT10 that you will be able to download, but you might have to apply the latest updates, either way it will auth with the iLok license you have.

I don't know why Avid can't get a better system in place. When registering, it should be an automatic process that drops downloads into your account. Places like IK Multimedia, FXpansion ect.... all have this down perfectly, why can't Avid get it together?
Thanks for the quick reply. If I do the Demo download route - how does the PT10 asset get into my iLok account? When I did the downloads for the two plugs they automatically got added to my iLok account. Will this happen this way as well? Dumb questions but just need to ask to be sure.

Always nervous when dealing with iLok or any authorization scheme as I don't want to screw things up.

Oh yeah - checked all emails and nothing in there about the PT10 asset. Also nothing hung up in my isp's Spam trap.

QAPLA!
Old 10-29-2012, 11:02 AM

Jack,

I think what happened is that you have not registered your activation code for the software, you have only registered the hardware. The code may be inside any discs that came in the box, according to what I can see from Avid's instructions.

This also confirms my suspicions, that you get two plugins when you register the hardware, and the other two when you register the software. Which means that the other poster who wanted to get the plugins and sell his software will have to first register it in his name, and then sell the Ilok license after the fact.

Can you double check to see if you have the other code in the discs or somewhere else in the box?