Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2011, 10:51 PM

Default Two PT10 HD Issues on HD Native Card.

Could use some help.

First, I just installed a new HD Native card, 10.7.2 Lion, and PT10 HD.

This is replacing an HD3 system.

First, every time I launch ProTools I get the darn 'Do you want to allow PT to accept incoming access' thing. Annoying.

Second, more importantly, I'm plagued right from the bat with -9092 errors. Basically they say:

"Audio processing could not complete due to conflicts with other CPU tasks or a potential clocking issue."

I'm using internal sync, and am not even trying to play much. In fact I've had it happen on an empty session!! CPU usage is literally at 0% or 1 to 2% max, so it's not CPU overloading. Something is clearly conflicting. I've searched but I can't seem to find any ideas.

My system, an 8-Core Harpertown Mac, 10 gigs of Ram, Lion 10.7.2

I do have both an eSATA card and an SAS card in my machine, but never had any issues with them.

This is a real bummer. I love the setup otherwise, but at the moment it's unusable...
Old 11-11-2011, 11:54 PM

Default Re: Two PT10 HD Issues on HD Native Card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimNielsen View Post
I do have both an eSATA card and an SAS card in my machine, but never had any issues with them.
Personally, I would isolate these cards. What you need is a known working configuration and removing them is in your best interest at this stage.

Playback Engine settings with HD Native, max processors minus one or perhaps two processors for offline duties. H/W Buffer Size for now try 1024 Samples. CPU Usage max to 99%.

What is your Session Sample Rate? 48kHz.

Also what is running in the background, any programs or services that can be shut down? Is this computer on the Internet? Do you have partitions?
Old 11-12-2011, 01:55 AM

"Audio processing could not complete due to conflicts with other CPU tasks or a potential clocking issue. If this occurs often, verify your sync cables or try changing the HW Buffer Size setting in the Playback Engine dialog. In most cases a larger HW buffer size will prevent the problem. (-9129)"

same here, when i go under 1024buffer

same here, also when i open a plugin during play (1024 buffer)

CPU set to 99%
Processors set to 14 (16 available)
44.1kHz

any idea?

switch today from HD3 accel to HD Native

Mac Pro 8core Westmere
8GB Ram
OSX 10.6.8
Pro Tools 10 HD Native
Avid HD I/O
Old 11-12-2011, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimNielsen View Post
Could use some help.

First, I just installed a new HD Native card, 10.7.2 Lion, and PT10 HD.

This is replacing an HD3 system.

First, every time I launch ProTools I get the darn 'Do you want to allow PT to accept incoming access' thing. Annoying.

Second, more importantly, I'm plagued right from the bat with -9092 errors. Basically they say:

"Audio processing could not complete due to conflicts with other CPU tasks or a potential clocking issue."

I'm using internal sync, and am not even trying to play much. In fact I've had it happen on an empty session!! CPU usage is literally at 0% or 1 to 2% max, so it's not CPU overloading. Something is clearly conflicting. I've searched but I can't seem to find any ideas.

My system, an 8-Core Harpertown Mac, 10 gigs of Ram, Lion 10.7.2

This is a real bummer. I love the setup otherwise, but at the moment it's unusable...
Welcome to the Harpertown Mac Pro/HD Native club. I'm sorry to hear about your issues, but I know all too well what you're going through. I've encountered the exact same errors (-9092) with very sparse sessions using only 10 voices. Raising the hardware buffer does not fix the problem at all, and I'm currently working through a support case with Avid. After doing all the usual fixes i.e. repairing permissions, re-updating the card firmware, and system optimizations we are still at a loss as to what the problem is. I've been told to save the log file the next time I get one of these errors and send it along to Avid. They still maintain that my configuration with HD Native should work just fine.

Judging by all the other users in our boat there appears to be a real issue with the Harpertown Mac Pro and the HD Native card. I was so fed up with things earlier this week that I actually ordered a new 6 Core 3.33 GHz, 2010 Mac Pro and intend to compare it side by side to the 2008 machine. It arrives next week, so I'll keep you posted.

The interesting thing about all of this is that when I reinstall my TDM core card, all the errors disappear instantly.

Last edited by drumster; 11-12-2011 at 10:41 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-12-2011, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumster View Post
The interesting thing about all of this is that when I reinstall my TDM core card, all the errors disappear instantly.
My 'guess' would be that the audio data is handled differently with a DSP based system.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:10 AM

Guys, can you detail what programmes and/or drivers, peripherals, Network adapters, storage, partitions, etc., please?
Old 11-12-2011, 01:06 PM

This is a real drag. Yes, my previous config was a TDM HD3 setup in a Magma Chassis, and I certainly never had any issues like this. I don't have time right now to figure out every single thing that could possibly be conflicting.

But this doesn't bode well at all!

Please do keep me posted. Am planning on a new machine once the new Mac Pros are released (if they are!). But this thing should work.

I'm getting the error with NOTHING playing, even in an empty session. No rhyme or reason at all. Hardware buffer has no effect.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:10 PM

We will not make progress here, if you can not answer questions asked.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:29 PM

I didn't say I couldn't answer them, just not that second! I will try and post more. I am however an insanely busy professional with a film in post, and so I don't have hours to spend right now ripping apart my system trying to figure out why the new HD Native card is causing constant errors while the HD TDM that it replaced worked perfectly.

I'm not demanding instant answers, and when I can elaborate on the system I will!
Old 01-09-2012, 06:57 AM

Tim,

have you ever fixed these issues?

Oliver