Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2023, 03:45 PM

Default Ultimate keeps launching, but I just want Intro

PT Ultimate is the version that keeps opening up for me when I launch PT, but my Ultimate trial expired a lonnnnnng time ago. I d/l'ed Intro via AvidLink, but don't know what's making this happen. I already uninstalled PT twice, but Ultimate still shows up.
How do I stop this madness?
Old 09-17-2023, 04:10 PM

Default Re: Ultimate keeps launching, but I just want Intro

Did you activate the Intro license?

Downloading Intro won’t help you, all versions of Pro Tools use the same identical installer. Where is your Pro Tools ultimate trial licensed to? A physical iLok? ILok cloud? Use the iLok License Manager (ILM) App to remove that license. Pro Tools Intro is licensed to the local machine (Ultimate cannot be). If you have activated the intro license you should see that in ILM on your machine. If not activate it to the machine. There should be instructions somewhere for you to follow. If Pro Tools multiple valid licenses available to it from any source {iLok dongle, network, cloud, machine} it will pick the more powerful one. The thought here is probably they really really want to let the user know that their Ultimate license has expired…If it’s telling you that Ultimate has not expired, and you are sure you are not paying for it… heck have a good time on Avid’s dime.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 09-17-2023 at 04:23 PM.