Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2007, 06:37 PM

Default Support Request for Digi Administrator

I've noticed DUC-ers sending in support requests to this forum, and getting near-immediate response from Digidesign. I have sent in two support requests to Digi after paying for the 7.3 upgrade and being unable to open the download, and have yet to hear back. So I am "reposting" my most recent letter to Customer Support, in the hopes that it will travel the proper channels for attention. Here goes:

I sent in a support request well over a week ago (I ordered the 7.3 downloadable upgrade on December 22; today is January 1), but have yet to hear back from you.

I can't tell if the download was successful or not --- I've tried it 11 or 12 times now. I can get the file called "Upgrading_to_73.pdf.zip", and have tried to "unstuff" that. Now when I click on it to open, it says "STOP Unable to unarchive 'Upgrading_to_73.pdf.zip' into 'Desktop'. (Error 1 - Operation not permitted.)" I have gotten this: "Upgrading_to_73-1.pdf.zip.download" to appear on my desktop, but when I click on that, it says "Safari can't resume this download. The file 'Upgrading_to_73-1.pdf.zip.download' doesn’t appear to be a valid download file."

I paid for this upgrade more than a week ago, and still cannot use it. Please help me. I even wrote in to the DUC with my problem; I got 35 views, and zero replies. What would be wonderful is if you could just send me the DVD with the upgrade. I know you guys charge $15 extra for this. As I should just be able to use the downloadable upgrade, I can't really justify the expense. Maybe you could just send me the DVD as a show of goodwill, since I've been a loyal customer for over six years now. If this is doable, you can send it to:

Billy Katz
P.O. Box 461978
Los Angeles, CA, 90046

Thank You for your time. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

--- Billy Katz
Old 01-04-2007, 05:53 AM

Default Re: Support Request for Digi Administrator

You do understanding that the file entitled "Upgrading_to_73.pdf.zip", is not the actual upgrade, it's just information on how to upgrade?
Old 01-04-2007, 07:57 AM

Well that actually makes sense! Every time I attempted the download, I got the message that "Decompression failed". Thanks for writing, Forum Member LE --- at least I know I'm not crazy!

Still waiting to hear back from ANYONE at Digi...
Old 01-04-2007, 09:31 AM

Log back into your account at the DigiStore, you should have a link to download your purchase.
Also make sure you send your correspondance to the DigiStore if you are having problems with your purchase.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:39 AM

I may be quite wrong but I think there is a known problem with Stuffit v11, and that it wont "un-Zip" some folders/files.

You might find earlier v10 of Stuffit better- I hasten to add that this is not based on personal experience, but I did notice something in Mac User or MacWorld mags just recently-hope this might be of help.
003 & Midas Venice desk
Mindprint DTC
Soundelux U99
Drawmer M-Clock
Old 01-04-2007, 09:51 AM
Avid

Quote:
Log back into your account at the DigiStore, you should have a link to download your purchase.
Also make sure you send your correspondance to the DigiStore if you are having problems with your purchase.
This is correct - logging into your account and viewing your purchase should reveal the download link.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:07 AM

Hi, and thank you for getting back to me. I just tried the download link for the 14th (!) time. It still doesn't work. It gets as far as trying to download, and then it's just this much "Upgrading_to_73-2.pdf.zip", then I get the "Decompression failed" error message. I've tried opening just the "pdf.zip" with Unstuff, with Unarchiver, and with Mac's default program, BOMArchiveHelper; none of them worked.

But as the other poster pointed out, "Upgrading_to_73-2.pdf.zip" is only the download instructions anyway, not the actual upgrade.

Any other suggestions?
Old 01-04-2007, 10:47 AM

Like DigiTech said, you need to go here:

account login

Login, and then look for your purchases. You need to find the link to the updater, not the instructions.. You should be downloading the file that is 233MB under the download link on this page:

7.3 dl

You will also need your PT 7.0 Activation code which was in the inside cover of the "Getting Started" manual for me.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:34 AM

Hey, thanks flommer --- I think it's (finally) working! I'm up to 50 MB out of 234 MB downloaded. Yah! You rule, Man!