Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 12-06-2005, 04:53 PM

Default Control 24 update information for pt7 users

Hi,

Fellow c24 users! Those funky tech headz from Daly city have been working on a fix for the c24 personality (if you've been reading the forum over the past 2 weeks you will have seen my posts!!) i have been granted a test run with a new c24 bundle and so far all is working fine! Today i worked hands on for 4-5 hours with no quits? till now the longest run was 3 hours, and more often a lot less!

Those who have been holding back on the version 7 update! i'll confidently say go ahead and i'm sure the new c24 bundle will be available in about a week and will obviously be included in the next cs update.

I have been testing and trying version 7 with all my plugs and instruments for over 2 weeks and the only problem i have had was the c24 personality! so reliability looks to be very good with 7!!

I'll be full-on tomorrow and i'll confirm all is well, hopefully!!

crizdee

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:11 PM

Default Re: Control 24 update information for pt7 users

Glad to hear that. I just got a C24 so I have been holding off on the PT7 upgrade. Let us know if you continue to be crash-free.
Mac Pro 2019 16-core, 96GB RAM, OS 10.15.2
Old 12-06-2005, 05:29 PM

Glad your back and running.Ah the future is looking brighter
Old 12-07-2005, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Hi,

Fellow c24 users! Those funky tech headz from Daly city have been working on a fix for the c24 personality (if you've been reading the forum over the past 2 weeks you will have seen my posts!!) i have been granted a test run with a new c24 bundle and so far all is working fine! Today i worked hands on for 4-5 hours with no quits? till now the longest run was 3 hours, and more often a lot less!

Those who have been holding back on the version 7 update! i'll confidently say go ahead and i'm sure the new c24 bundle will be available in about a week and will obviously be included in the next cs update.

I have been testing and trying version 7 with all my plugs and instruments for over 2 weeks and the only problem i have had was the c24 personality! so reliability looks to be very good with 7!!

I'll be full-on tomorrow and i'll confirm all is well, hopefully!!

crizdee

Hi,

Digidesign sent me a fix too, but all is not working fine.
I constated another bug: Problem with C24 when deleting a track.
Could you try this ?

1. Create 2 audio tracks

2. Delete de track number 1

You can constat that when there's no problem in the Pro Tools mix window , the C24 doesn't display the remaining track (track 2):
No fader level, the pan circular leds are off, the rotative knob doesn't work...
Old 12-07-2005, 02:08 AM

[quote

[/QUOTE]

Hi,

Could you try this ?

1. Create 2 audio tracks

You can constat that when there's no problem in the Pro Tools mix window , the C24 doesn't display the remaining track (track 2):
No fader level, the pan circular leds are off, the rotative knob doesn't work...

[/QUOTE]

Hi,

I've seen this problem listed on the forum before!! have you tried reverting back to the original c24 bundle to see if it does it then?? does it only do it with the new bundle?

I have found 1 other change/bug since updating to version 7!! the sense button does not operate on sends (pressing apple key on the qwerty does turn the send to sense mode) But this isn't life threatening!!

Chris

Producer, Engineer,

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:06 AM

This problem exists since PT7 with original and new bundle, have you this problem too ?

I have found 1 other change/bug since updating to version 7!! the sense button does not operate on sends (pressing apple key on the qwerty does turn the send to sense mode) But this isn't life threatening!!
I have constated this bug too.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:25 AM

[quote

Hi,

Could you try this ?

1. Create 2 audio tracks

[/QUOTE]

Hi,

Just tested this and found the same problem! Infact this problem is worse than this! keep deleting tracks from the session and the track immediately to the right is effected with this bug!!!!

So far so good with the c24 bundle update still to do a long day of mixing yet!!!

Chris

Producer, Engineer,

www.ukmastering.com

Old 12-09-2005, 01:15 AM

Ok, thanks for the test.