Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2014, 05:06 AM

Default Re: Omni Preamp fix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdee View Post
I tried factory reset many times but that didn't help my Omni.
Also tried reinstalling the firmware to version 2.10 but neither that helped.
There seems to be at least two different problems with Omni's analog inputs. I read this thread: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=326284 and tried reseting. Lucky me.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_J View Post
There seems to be at least two different problems with Omni's analog inputs. I read this thread: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=326284 and tried reseting. Lucky me.
I've read that thead aswell. It's going to be tough not being able to record or work properly untill I get it back hopefully in working order.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:54 AM

Quote:
I've read that thead aswell. It's going to be tough not being able to record or work properly untill I get it back hopefully in working order.
I just experienced the same pre amp issues described in this post and spent about 5 hours trouble shooting this problem - including all of the suggested "fixes" above with no luck until I came upon this thread. My unit is also out of warranty now but it saw very little usage in my project studio.

Does anyone know if Avid is still acknowledging this issue and doing a no cost repair or are they charging for it now ? What is the best way to get in touch with them ? it seems like from the website that you must purchase a warranty repair before you get to talk to a human.

Thanks for any help.

Steve.
Gladden Sound LLC
Old 03-11-2015, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1 View Post
I just experienced the same pre amp issues described in this post and spent about 5 hours trouble shooting this problem - including all of the suggested "fixes" above with no luck until I came upon this thread. My unit is also out of warranty now but it saw very little usage in my project studio.

Does anyone know if Avid is still acknowledging this issue and doing a no cost repair or are they charging for it now ? What is the best way to get in touch with them ? it seems like from the website that you must purchase a warranty repair before you get to talk to a human.

Thanks for any help.

Steve.
Gladden Sound LLC
Help Please. Anyone ?
Old 03-11-2015, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1 View Post
Help Please. Anyone ?
Hi there,

Sorry to hear you have this problem. Mine had the same problem, was just outside warrenty but Avid fixed it free of charge.
I bought mine new through my local music store and had them deal with the RMA and shipping stuff. As i live in Norway mine had to be sent to Sweeden or Ireland i think.

Check this page how you proceed creating a RMA (Return merchandise authorization) :
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/faq/en210711

I will try to get one of the super mods to take a look at this to maby further help you what to do.
Old 03-12-2015, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Hi there,

Sorry to hear you have this problem. Mine had the same problem, was just outside warrenty but Avid fixed it free of charge.
I bought mine new through my local music store and had them deal with the RMA and shipping stuff. As i live in Norway mine had to be sent to Sweeden or Ireland i think.

Check this page how you proceed creating a RMA (Return merchandise authorization) :
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/faq/en210711

I will try to get one of the super mods to take a look at this to maby further help you what to do.
Thanks for your help Christian. I truly appreciate it. Unfortunately, the link you provided just takes you to the Avid page which requires either an active warranty code or you must purchase one for like around $1,000 before you get ANY assistance. I have spent around $15,000 on their products and you would think you could get a human on the phone or at least an email contact so this is ridiculous from a customer service viewpoint, but I appreciate your attempt to get someone to try to help out.

Thanks. Steve.
Gladden Sound LLC
Old 03-20-2015, 05:22 AM

Just had my entire (REV E) unit replaced out of warranty by AVID when the pres developed a fault.

My #2 Mic Pre was humming, and both INST inputs were causing odd RFI type earthing issues with guitars plugged in.

This will be my THIRD Omni!

Any issues, call your dealer!

Last edited by Evil Jack; 03-20-2015 at 07:12 AM.
Old 03-21-2015, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Jack View Post
Any issues, call your dealer!
Yes, good advice.

You could also try contacting a repair center directly
http://www.avid.com/audiorepair

But personally i would try the dealer route first.
Old 03-21-2015, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd-native View Post
problem : I´m in germany, so the support is not great like in the states ... can somebody forward an email@dress to an avid support that´s not a phone
Ask your local dealer what they can do about it. Anyone who sells Avid hardware should also have contact to hardware support. I believe they'll be sending the box to Ireland and it'll take a week or two to get back to you.
Old 03-22-2015, 04:25 AM

Had the same issues with an Omni I bought used from eBay.
Bought an ASC, sent the unit in, they tried to fix it, in the end they sent me a brand new Omni and gave me a full refund on the ASC.

Avid is aware that this is a hardware issue, and they have been really helpful and costumer friendly about it. Thumbs up!

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- Avid HD Omni + HD I/O 8x8x8
- C|24 | S3 | Dock