Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2002, 01:09 PM

Default Re: Off Topic Mac Question, Pleas Help

Apple Menu / control panels / File Exchange

There you can link file types like aiff with specific programs.
Old 05-30-2002, 01:18 PM

Sorry, "I was unable to uncheck this" is what is should have read. I tried the file extension menu and it will not let me associate the files with programs I want unless I am able to uncheck the "Show only recommended programs" box in the screen that comes up when the Mac asks for a program the use the file with.
Thanks
Old 05-30-2002, 03:31 PM

Reread Ricardo's post. He is telling you that you can change it in the File Exchange Control Panel. This is not the same as the window that you have been bringing up.

Dave P
Old 05-31-2002, 12:17 AM

Default Off Topic Mac Question, Pleas Help

Ok you know how on a PC if there is a file that it can not automaticaly start up in a program and does not know what it is it has a window pop up so you can chose a program to open the file with and then from then out associate that file type with that program. How do you do that on the Mac. When the Mac can not recognise a file it brings up a window like the PC does but has limited programs you can chose from the open that file. At the bottom of the window it has grayed out and checked "show only recommended programs". I am not unable to uncheck this and can not find out how not make this un-grayed out so I can uncheck this. Basicaly what I want to do is associat all my aiff file with one program to open them with other then Quicktime. I want to be able to click on an aiff file no matter what the icon is and it open in, lets say Bias Peak or Pro Tools. You can do this on the PC but I can't for the life of me find out how to do it on the Mac. Any help would be great because it is imposible to get a hold of Apple for answers.
Thanks,
Muppet
Old 05-31-2002, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Muppet_Dog:
... am not unable to uncheck this and can not find out how not make this un-grayed out so I can uncheck this.....
Muppet
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Simply
unbelievable!

[img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]