Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2018, 03:55 AM

Default Connect an external effect rack into MBox 3 Pro

Hi Everyone,

I am doeuch, from Paris, France.

I am working on an MbookPro under OS Yosemite with a Mbox 3 pro, PT 12 and I want to connect an external rack, a TC helicon Voice Live Rack but I can't figure it out how.

I want to use it as an Aux (I don't want to record directly into the Voice Live Rack). Therefore, I am a bit confused on how connecting everything.

What I've done so far :

1) Connect the 3 and 4 monitors out (Y cable : Double TS into 1 TRS) into the Line in of the Voice Lve Rack (1 TRS). I then set up in PT the outputs of the bus I want to send to the Voice Live rack as "Analog 3/4"
2) Connect with 2 XLR cables the outputs of the Voice live Rack into 3/4 mic in at the rear of the MBOX Pro.
3) I add an stereo Aux track with inputs "Analogs 3/4".

That's how I connect everything but i must have been mistaken somewhere as I can only hear a noise, I cant hear the original track and can't hear any effect.

Can somebody help on this? I'm sure this must be really easy for you guys but as this is the first time I try to connect an external hardware to the MBP3 and I am not familiar with technics...

Thanks a lot to the community.

Cheers